Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
6. Forty One Won: Very consistent sort now in new barn and gets outside post.
5. Ten Easy Street: Made a nice move but came up bit short in last.
10. French Countess: Second time out and showed interest early in last.
9. Ladasha: Should like the turf and had the lead in a race first out.
1. Blake Beauties: Should get the lead here from the rail and not look back.
6. Littlebitofsense: Has closed to get a piece in last two efforts at level.
10. Bissectrisa: New barn and has races in past that would win this one.
7. Fancy Ticket: May be the one to catch in mid stretch for Graham and Amoss.
7. Cajun Spirit: Very impressive first out and should be fitter this time — tough.
2. Just Stormin: Last two dirt races were best of short career.
9. Break Away: Has been working well and doesn?t catch saltiest bunch here.
8. G Baby C: Not a bad first effort behind a next out winner after breaking slow.
5. Tensas Cold Front: Drops down and ships in from Delta looking for a win.
3. Ide Be Doc Adams: Big win in last and has won two of last three now.
9. Katura: Not seen since December 2 place finish when running second.
11. Prayed For: Always shows up no turf, but must work out a trip from outside.
4. Ashleys London: Should be able to get a good position to stalk and pounce.
1. Feedmetothelion: Gets a needed drop down in class, rail and Graham.
Our best bet today will be in Race 5 — No. 7 Cajun Spirit. Uber impressive first out although the hot pace helped but should be even better for today’s race. Good luck and may they all come home safely.