Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf
2. Frontierjustice: Should appreciate the extra distance offered today.
6. Pro Tribute: Comes out of same race as top choice should be speedy today.
3. Sawsan: This one has come up just short but looks much best against these foes.
4. Social Call: Has speed to get good position and can run all day.
6. Greeley’s Demon: Drops into easy spot for the win here.
3. Ide Like Orthodox: Green first run but should get better and less wide trip here.
4. Ten Crowns: Just has the right running style for this speed heavy affair.
3. Zuzor: Looked like a for sure winner in last but flattened: will like turf.
3. Glucose: Last three on dirt all good enough to take this one.
1 or 1A: Either of the Deville entry looks to be major alternative to top choice.
4. KC’s Call: This one has two top efforts on turf and distance should be no issue.
8. Burning Bridges: Back with friends on the turf should be a buster with a shot.
2. RM Money Talks: Could have figured it all out in last blowout win .
6. Zendai: Hoping Hernandez uses the early speed here to go to the front.
9. Jockamos Song: Race over the track was a nice romp in the park on the lead.
3. Class is Beautiful: Taking a shot here with a well bred layoff horse working well.
8. Voiced: Stall trainee ran into sloppy conditions first out should like turf.
- inth race
4. Lucky Lydgate: Broke thru gate in last losing all chance: better break today gets the money on top.
8. Uncoachable: Had a bit of trouble at the start in last or might have taken top prize.
Around the Track
Let’s take our first look at Chok’s Choices results through the first three weeks of the meeting: 120-27-22-14 = 22 percent winners and 52 percent in-the-money. This translates to a .72 return on every dollar wagered to win on top choices which is not too bad considering the horrendous start to the meet we endured. Last week we actually turned a flat bet profit on our top selections and hope to continue to move the needle upwards towards end of meet profitability. Favorites on the dirt are winning at an unprecedented level so it is hard to find those once a day long shots, but those bombs are there in the past performances.
Our Best Bet today will be in Race 2 — No. 3 Sawsan. Has run extremely well in all starts and is a bit unlucky to still be a non-winner. Good racing luck remedies that malady today. Good luck and may they all come home safely.