Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
5. Wind Chill Factor: Impossible to pick against this nice filly.
1. Jackie Ems Pal: Terrific first out almost won at 100-1 — gamer
2. Joe Goshon: Expect just enough improvement for the drop down to win.
3. Seismic Silence: Made a competitive showing last out same class and distance.
2. Another Blue: A solid performer on the turf comes off freshening for Amoss.
6. Perfect Step: A claim by Asmussen in NY ships to FG for turf.
2. My Friend Flavin: Lost all chance in last when beaten by second choice — rebounds today
4. Just Kissin Buck: Nice professional win in last drawing away from foes.
7. Batten Down Belle: Has to move up on turf and get back to first few races.
9. Tangled Tart: Needed last race and will be a factor late.
1. Flipster: The rail is place to be for these sprint races — needs to pop the gate today.
4. John and Jerry: Might get the lead here and not stop at big odds.
10. Five Green Stars: Found home on turf and won in race horse time in last.
7. Hiram: Around the wire in most turf starts and will be a bomber here.
4. Wine List: No real knocks — fast but odds will likely be too low.
1. Queen Boss: Gets the rail and gets the win today from inside.
3. Guilleta: Just lost to top choice in KY and looks to turn tables.
1. Branded Hand: Rail — good dirt form — good trainer — good bet.
6. Paddys Note: Will need to run him down to get the win.
7. Caliparis Kitten: Drop down will be in front at some point.
2. Chad Be Glad: Popular horse in the claim box goes for Gibson for second time.
Around the Track
Last card of 2014 and we have a few we like quite a bit today so check below for the preferred, end of the year, bail out of the trap, price plays to bring in the New Year with a bang at the bank.
Our Best Bet today will be in Race 5 — No. 7 Batten Down Belle. Let’s also try a Pick 3 in that sequence starting in Race 5 — 7-9 with 1-4 with 4-7-10. Then in Race 7 let’s try an exacta box with the 4-7-10. In Race 7 let’s go with a final 2014 Pick 4 — 4-7-10 with 1-3 with 1-6 with 2-7. Good luck and may they all come home safely.