Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter:
2. Rehearsed: Will show some speed here in a race seemingly void of early foot.
6. Harkness: No knocks really just off a layoff and has run three times – short price.
5. Blanco Brush: Keeps improving slightly and another move forward wins.
1. Red Hot Cherry: Nice run in last just outrun a bit and gets the rail today.
1. Totally Kim: Last was big win and is in very sharp form right now.
2. Off Cycle: Made a run at the top choice in last but couldn’t reach winner.
8. Brilliant Kitten: The other Sharp runner who won’t be as fancied at the windows.
10. Fiscal Discipline: Taking the drop to win and thin the stable here for Stall.
8. Laines Howdy Doody: Gets the win today with leading rider Geroux and soft field.
10. Goblet of Fire: Interesting drop down to low level after winning on turf in last.
9. Abbocato: Ran behind two ultimate winners in first start and working well.
6. Salute My Lady: Moves into the Amoss barn for second start — contender.
2. Acid Rain: Dirt form is top notch and last was good enough to repeat win.
6. Caroline Conquest: Has knocked heads with good ones and gets easier today.
7. Tom’s d’Etat: This is a really nice horse — if ready will romp in here.
5. Souper Tapit: Three year old was uber impressive first out takes on seasoned ones.
6. R Great Adventure: Last two on turf good — is a longshot play here.
8. Synchrony: Good horse at three — turf could be this one’s future.
1. Dapper Jack: Gets rail after a couple of good efforts — should prevail.
12. Muskrat: Drops down a notch or two and has number power to win from outside.
Around the track
Full Monday card on tap where the Black Gold Pick 5 Jackpot is over $150,000 assuming no one hits the wager on Sunday. On Saturday, Chok’s Choices had the best day, winning 6 of 10 races with top selections. The card Monday is full of value and we have some long shots on top, but pay attention, as always, to the underneath horses listed as second choices as they continue to perform well for us.
Our best bet Monday will be in Race 5 — No. 8 Laines Howdy Doody. A lot of positives going for this one and should be a nice price to boot. Good luck and may they all come home safely.