Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter:@BeychokRacing.
2. Nineteenth Street: Sure looks well placed to get first win today.
3. Rewards Gal: Dropping down to sellers like top choice — more of a price.
1. Signs and Wonders: Interesting prep race in last — will have speed today I think.
3. Scalpel Please: The old Z pattern in last once he got interested in the game.
3. McHenry: Rider change for this after encountering a spot of trouble in last.
4. Summer Spice: Just missed in last and gets new pilot in Jamie Theriot.
1. Cowboy Affair: Has run them off their feet in last two — will try same tactic.
4. Seven Heart: Willing to accept last as a legitimate improvement so fits here.
7. U R My Last Chance: New to barn of Asmussen must be respected off the claim.
8. Wells Gold: Back to best surface on turf after two dismal tries on the dirt.
5. Uneven Steven: Last two have been marked improvement over rest — can win.
7. Burnin It Up: Amoss/Moss team going 2nd off a claim is a stout stat — tough here.
6. Luvin Bullies: Had zero pace to run into in last for her late kick – gets more today.
2. Euroboss: Last was very good and improvement could be on the horizon again.
5. I Hope: Horse just keeps running well and no reason to think another big effort here.
6. Delusional KK: Turf race in last could have been a perfect prep for this.
5. Duenay: This might be best distance and has the number power to win at price.
9. Castle Zip: Big win in last cannot be ignored — could repeat here for a win.
Around the track
Pre-Lundi Gras card is packed with some great value opportunities today for bettors. Remember there is racing on Lundi Gras (Monday) and Mardi Gras (Tuesday) for the non-parade goers out there.
Our best bet Sunday will be in Race 8 — No. 5 I Hope. Horse is in fantastic form and looks like another good effort will be produced today. Good luck and may they all come home safely.