Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
3. Trident Hero: Good comeback race and has nice work since.
2. One More Night: Should get the lead here and try to go all the way.
5. Sol D Oro: Second this level two back and has speed to control pace.
3. Illusion Confusion: Comes off a layoff and drops to lowest level.
7. My Kay Sara: Looks to get easy lead and coast on home in front.
2. Nikipins: Can rate behind the speed and pounce to the lead.
9. E Gnite Me: Drops down and should improve off the lone start.
4. Valid Wolf: Had a nice race on turf and gets Clark today expect more speed.
3. Cinnamon Spice: Big favorite should deliver the win again today.
2. Sunny Surprise: Could lunk up for a piece of the pie here.
5. Persuade Me Lady: Has a bit of quality to her and should love the turf.
1. Ms Betty Boo: Ran huge first out but bred for turf and will be a price.
4. General Ike: Returns off layoff and has speed to go to front.
6. Class Leader: Very classy sort returns for Howard.
6. Arabian Queen: One good turf race points to the winners circle here.
2. Tale of Class: Ran into a monster filly in last but bred a bit for turf.
9. Hurricane Guska: Three really good races in a row any of which can win.
4. General Holly: Has run one bad race in five race career.
Around the Track
Early post time today for Super Bowl Sunday, which feels so different since our Saints were not in mix this year. Post time will be noon so everyone can watch the big game. Our picks had a super day on Thursday with a best bet 12-1 winner so let’s hoping we have a super Sunday today.
Our best bet today will be in Race 6 — No. 5 Persuade Me Lady. This filly is coming off a layoff but has some real quality to her and should love the turf. Good luck and may they all come home safely.