For the moment, the NFL is smack in the middle of its quietest period, a time frame signaled by the fireworks, family and grilled or slow-cooked meat most enjoyed over the weekend.
Twenty-three days remain until the Saints report for camp in West Virginia and the news starts hitting hot and heavy. For the moment, though, The Advocate is still rolling out a few Saints stories, and the annual offseason trickle of opinions is on its way from the national writers.
With that in mind, here’s a look at what was written in the week leading up to the Fourth of July.
- Saints rookie Andrus Peat focusing on footwork to get where he needs to go
- John Jenkins feels “ready to take off” in third year with Saints
- Even with Jimmy Graham gone, Saints tight end Josh Hill doesn’t see big changes coming
- Early returns have been impressive as rookie linebacker Stephone Anthony settles in at middle linebacker
- Happy to be back in New Orleans, Dennis Allen hopes to help the Saints improve on defense