Yes, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was partying in New Orleans on Tuesday night.
No, he wasn’t here to pursue New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.
"No, no, no," Jones told The New Orleans Advocate when approached at a local bar and asked if his visit was related to Payton.
Cowboys plane at what is supposed to be NO Lakefront Airport & Jerry Jones at Piano Bar in New Orleans tonight. pic.twitter.com/wSww5ntXaw— Andrew Schuster (@TheSaintsDish) January 6, 2016
Jones' plane was spotted at Lakefront Airport earlier in the evening.
Dallas just wrapped up a disappointing 4-12 season that fueled speculation it would be coach Jason Garrett's final season. But Jones squashed that speculation quickly, saying Garrett would return next season.
Payton, who's reportedly open to coaching elsewhere in 2016, is scheduled to speak to the media at 1 p.m. Wednesday in his end-of-season press conference.
Staff writer Nick Underhill contributed to this report.
MORE SAINTS COVERAGE
- Will he stay or go? Answers unclear as Saints coach Sean Payton keeps quiet about future
- Aiming to finish his career with the Saints, QB Drew Brees says he ‘absolutely’ is willing to rework his contract
- It looks bad on paper, but here’s how Saints can get under the salary cap for next season
- Drew Brees’ success owes much to Sean Payton
- Scott Rabalais: What Saints coach Sean Payton didn’t say Sunday spoke volumes — and could mean change is on the way