WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- The last practice at The Greenbrier just wrapped up. It was pretty uneventful early on.
- Practice opened with some goal-line work. Players then did positional work. The first hour of practice was low key.
- The Saints came back with some more spirited goal-line work.
- The defense had the upper hand during these drills. There was one touchdown by Khiry Robinson, but the defense won the first seven or eight snaps. Travaris Cadet might or might not have scored. It looked like he got stuffed but both sides celebrated.
- Drew Brees and Champ Bailey remain limited.
- Thomas Morstead practiced punting from deep in the end zone. Morstead then worked on punting from other areas of the field.
- Robinson slipped a tackle in 11-on-11 drills for a decent gain. Not the kind of play that stands out, but showed his evasiveness.
- FB Greg Jones is starting to figure into the mix more. He caught some passes out of the backfield.
- OL Thomas Welch got banged up and received attention on the sidelines.
- WR Brandin Cooks is ridiculous. He went up to grab a 50-yard pass from Luke McCown on the left sideline. A few plays later he caught a pass down the right sideline for another big gain.
- G Ben Grubbs did some work in team drills. He only saw a small amount of snaps.
- LB Ronald Powell got banged up and received attention from the trainers.
- K Shayne Graham was 3-for-4 on field goals. Derek Dimke missed two.