A closer look at ... Bryce Haris
- Position: Tackle
- Years in the NFL: 3
- Acquired: 2012
- College: Fresno State
- Career highlights: After breaking his ankle as a rookie, Harris appeared in all of the Saints’ 16 regular-season games and two playoff contests in 2013. He had one start at right tackle in a narrow Week 6 loss at New England, and he frequently appeared as an extra blocker in multiple tight end packages.
- Strengths: Three years of knowledge in Saints’ system; well-sized at 6-6, 300 pounds.
- Must improve on: One-on-one pass rushing drills, in which he’s been often defeated.
- Projection: Reserve role — if he survives a stiff fight.
Ramon Antonio Vargas
“I want to be the best back to ever play the freakin’ game of football.”
— Saints RB Mark Ingram on both his expectations for 2014 as well as his NFL career’s ambitions
“Everybody has the key to your house. At any given time, anybody can strike. ... You don’t know which door to cover.”
— RB Travaris Cadet on the multitude of attacking options the Saints have on offense
n Limited: DE Cam Jordan
- Did not participate: WR Kenny Stills, LG Ben Grubbs, CB Champ Bailey, CB T. Frederick, WR Steve Hull, T Ty Nsekhe
Next three up
7:50 a.m.-10:40 a.m. CDT
4 p.m.-5:50 p.m. CDT
Until Aug. 13, practices are held at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. The Advocate will tweet observations throughout practice. Follow @RVargasAdvocate, @UnderhillAdv, @RabalaisAdv and @EstwickSaints.
For more coverage, visit us at TheAdvocate.com/sports. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find today:
ä MORNING BRIEFING: We’ll get you up to speed with a quick recap of Friday and a preview of Saturday’s practice.
ä VIDEO: Mark Ingram credits his father for his work ethic; Sean Payton about the benefits of cool West Virginia weather; and an analysis of Thursday’s action.
ä BLOG: We’ll provide live updates from practice and more not in the paper. Go to blogs.theadvocate.com/ blackandgold