The first round of roster cuts has arrived.
Per NFL rules, the New Orleans Saints must cut the roster down to 75 players by 3 p.m. today.
And the day got started early. New Orleans traded return man Jalen Saunders to the New England Patriots on Tuesday morning, the first in a series of moves that must be done an hour before the Saints practice.
With so many moves expected, The Advocate will keep a running blog of the roster moves as the day advances. Keep an eye on the page.
- Traded Jalen Saunders to New England, per source
- Placed defensive end/outside linebacker Anthony Spencer on injured reserve, per source
- Release wide receiver Nick Toon, per source
- Released outside linebacker Ronald Powell, per source
- Released cornerback Terrence Frederick, per source
- Released fullback Erik Lorig
- Released wide receiver R.J. Harris, per source
- Released offensive tackle Antonio Johnson, per source
- Released linebacker Chris Young, per source
- Released wide receiver Lance Lewis, per source
- Released defensive end Markus Pierce-Brewster, per source
- Released defensive tackle David Hunter, per source