Some notes and observations from the New Orleans Saints' Friday practice.
Everyone was accounted for. John Jenkins, Tavon Rooks, and Jairus Byrd worked off to the side with a trainer. Everyone else, including wide receiver Joe Morgan (ACL), appeared to be participating fully.
Wide receiver Kenny Stills pulled up lame and limped off the field with about an hour left in practice. He left the field with a trainer and did not return.
- Morgan opened things up by catching a deep touchdown pass from Drew Brees, drawing applause from the crowd. He appeared to be moving well.
- Byrd did some positional work with a strength coach. He appeared to be moving well and was moving at about three-quarters speed.
- Defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff made Stanley Jean-Baptiste go through a positional drill three times due to his pad level.
- Wide receiver Nick Toon looked good in 7-on-7 drills, and had a nice back-shoulder catch.
- Rookie wide receiver Brandin Cooks undercut safety Ty Zimmerman and went up to catch a deep pass from Drew Brees during 11-on-11 drills.
- Undrafter rookie receiver Brandon Coleman had a nice catch over cornerback Corey White.
- Cooks and Morgan returned punts. Punter Thomas Morestead's average hang time was around 4.7 seconds.
- Golfer Bubba Watson was at practice. He was thrown a pass. He dropped it.