Five observations from Wednesday’s practice session:
1. Fullback Greg Jones is starting to figure into the mix more. He caught some passes out of the backfield.
2. Rookie wide receiver Brandin Cooks went up to grab a 50-yard pass from Luke McCown on the left sideline. A few plays later he caught a pass down the right sideline for another big gain.
3. Place-kicker Shayne Graham was 3-for-4 on field goals. Derek Dimke missed two. One of these men needs to step up and claim the job. The door is once again open for Graham to do so.
4. Running back Khiry Robinson slipped a tackle in 11-on-11 drills for a decent gain. Not the kind of play that stands out, but showed his evasiveness.
5. Thomas Morstead practiced punting from deep in the end zone. Morstead then worked on punting from other areas of the field.