TULSA, Okla. — Kelsee Grovey’s two 3-pointers in the final 1:23 gave the Tulsa women’s basketball team a five-point lead, and the Hurricane held on for a 55-52 win over Tulane on Saturday afternoon at the Donald W. Reynolds Center.

Grovey led Tulsa (16-12, 11-6 American Athletic Conference) with 15 points. Mariah Turner added 11 points, nine rebounds, three assists and three steals.

Tulane (20-9, 11-7) had a chance to tie in the final four seconds, but couldn’t get the shot to fall.

“We just had trouble scoring,” Tulane coach Lisa Stockton said. “We did get some scoring in the post, but just really had a hard time putting the ball in the basket. It’s a game of making shots, and we didn’t make them.”

The Green Wave was led by Chinwe Duru’s 15 points, while Tiffany Dale added a double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds.

Jamie Kaplan, Courtnie Latham and Adesuwa Ebomwonyi rallied the Wave, spearheading a 10-0 run to grab a 24-16 lead with 6:35 left in the first half. But Tulsa hit a couple of 3-pointers on a 10-4 stretch to cut the deficit to 28-27 at halftime.

The second half was a tightly contested see-saw battle that featured three ties and nine lead changes. Senior Tiffany Dale helped keep Tulane in the match from 16:07 to 8:24, scoring eight of the team’s 11 points in that span.

In the closing minutes, Grovey hit her back-to-back 3-pointers; her second one, from 25 feet out, gave Tulsa its largest lead at 54-49 with 0:27 remaining.

Tulane responded on a Kolby Morgan 3-pointer at the 0:18 mark. The Green Wave followed that by forcing a Tulsa turnover via a five-second violation.

But Tulane drove down the right side of the paint and put up a fade-away jumper with four seconds left that hit the back part of the rim and went out.

“(Tulsa’s first late 3-pointer) was way out there and late in the shot clock. It’s amazing what little things can happen,” Stockton stated. “If that rolled out, we get the rebound, and that’s a totally different game for us. Got to give them credit. They did a great job. We battled back in and had two opportunities and just couldn’t get it to fall.”