THE SEARCH IS ON!
Nominations must be received by Monday, October 2 by 5:00 p.m.
Do you know…
- an individual whose contribution to Baton Rouge has significantly improved the quality of life in our community? If so, nominate that person for the 2017 Golden Deeds Award.
- The Golden Deeds award, sponsored as a community service by The Advocate and The Inter-Civic Council of Baton Rouge is a service award given to an individual (organizations are not eligible), for outstanding service to the community.
- The nominee must have accomplished a humanitarian and/or civic deed or deeds for the benefit of East Baton Rouge Parish. The nominee must not have been paid for said work, nor done it as part of his/her vocation or profession.
- No person holding elected political office will be eligible. The person nominated may not be a member of the InterCivic Council or have been a member for the past two years.
- The recipient will be chosen solely on the facts included in the nomination, so be certain to include details of all civic service and specific golden deeds.
Maximum length for the nomination is 750 words.
The Golden Deeds banquet honoring the recipient will be held Tuesday, November 14 at the Baton Rouge Marriott.
For more information contact:
The Golden Deeds Award is Presented by The Advocate and The InterCivic Council of Baton Rouge
Guidelines for preparing nominations for the 2017 Golden Deeds Award
What are the nomination requirements?
Each nomination must include the following information:
- Name of Nominee
- Nominee's Home and Cell Phone Numbers
- Nominee's Address
- Nominator's Name
- Nominator's Address and Phone Number
- Relationship to Nominee
- Explain why your nominee should receive the Golden Deeds Award. Tell us in your own words about the most memorable things they've done in service to the community. Tell us how their actions touched your heart; how they made a difference. Give specific examples of what they've done. Maximum of 750 words.
- Attach a list of activities the nominee has personally engaged in for the benefit of East Baton Rouge Parish
- Exclusions Are:
- Being paid for his/her work or doing it as part of the nominee's occupation or vocation.
- Political service rendered related to the position held while in office.
- Strictly social organizations, such as country club, dance clubs, etc…
- Individuals and organizations can nominate an individual for the Golden Deeds Award. Judging is based solely on the information submitted. Therefore give details of the golden deed or deeds as completely and accurately as possible. An individual may resubmit an updated nomination for a person that has never been selected for the award.
Mail your nomination to:
Chairman, Golden Deeds Award Committee
c/o The Advocate Marketing Dept.
P.O. Box 588, Baton Rouge, La. 70821
Email your nomination to:
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 P.M., Monday, October 2.
How will the recipient be honored?
At the Golden Deeds Award banquet at the Baton Rouge Marriott.
Evening of Tuesday, November 14.
Tickets are $50 each; Table of 10 is $500.
To purchase tickets, contact Richard Flicker at email@example.com or 225-931-1626.
INTERCIVIC COUNCIL OF BATON ROUGE
- Altrusa International of Baton Rouge, Inc.; Lynn Nettles, Carolyn Robinson
- Alzheimer's Services of the Capital Area; Barbara Auten, Effie Lantia
- Baton Rouge Area SCORE; Leonard Sedlin
- Baton Rouge Early Risers Kiwanis Club; Fatemeh Malekian, Philip Quartararo, Jr.
- Baton Rouge Regional Eye Bank; LaMarylis Newman, Vivian Frey
- BREC Foundation; Pat Faxon
- Cortana Kiwanis Club; L. N. Coxe, Michael Doyle
- East Baton Rouge Lions Club; Dave Peek, Tim LeBlanc
- Excalibur Club of Baton Rouge; Polly Williams
- Exchange Club of Baton Rouge; Richard Flicker, Kathy Blackman
- Families Helping Families of Greater Baton Rouge; Frances Bennett, Dee Mather-Muenzler
- Friendship Force of Baton Rouge; Barbara Wittkopf, Thornton Cofield
- GFWC Lagniappe Woman's Club; Lynn Golda, Pat Quartararo
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Info Ctr of LA; Kathy Coleman, Danna Spayde
- Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank; Kathleen Howell
- Kiwanis Club of Baton Rouge; Bruce Hammatt, Joy Hammatt
- Kiwanis Club of Louisiana State University; Morris Welch, Erik Kjeldsen
- Louisiana Bonsai Society; Lowell Tilley
- Red Stick Kiwanis Club; Laura Gilliland
- Trianon; Trish Sedlin
- Women's Council of Greater Baton Rouge; Paula Braxton, Marilyn Mayeux
- YWCA of Greater Baton Rouge; Marjorie Green, Doze Butler
Past Recipients of the Golden Deeds Award
- 1942 - Albert M. Cadwell
- 1943 - E.A. "Pete" Goldsby
- 1944 - J. Andrew Bahlinger
- 1945 - Sister Tharsilla
- 1946 - Larry Bahan
- 1947 - L.S. Bridges
- 1948 - Richard C. Cadwallader
- 1949 - Mrs. Cecil Lorio
- 1950 - Mrs. Hattie Dayries
- 1951 - C.A. Ives
- 1952 - Dr. H.W.A. Lee
- 1953 - Louis Selig
- 1954 - Mrs. E.J. Land
- 1955 - C.E. Colvin
- 1956 - Edward J. Steimel
- 1957 - Carroll A. Hebert
- 1958 - Leslie McKenzie
- 1959 - Mrs. Elton Murphy
- 1960 - Lewis Gottlieb
- 1961 - Pike Burden
- 1962 - Alvin B. Rubin
- 1963 - Mrs. Ollie Young
- 1964 - Miss. Monita Goldsby
- 1965 - Dr. Thomas Y. Gladney
- 1966 - Jules Roux
- 1967 - Bob Earle
- 1968 - J. Clifford Ourso
- 1969 - John W. Barton
- 1970 - Dr. Allie Woolfolk
- 1971 - Dr. M.L. Levy
- 1972 - Preston V. Kors
- 1973 - Kenner S. Day
- 1974 - John L. Godso
- 1975 - William "Buckskin Bill" Black
- 1976 - Miss. Caro Lane
- 1977 - D. Jensen Holliday
- 1978 - Dr. Edward D. Grant
- 1979 - Dr. Larry J. Hebert
- 1980 - Ira J. Woodfin
- 1981 - Harvey Honore
- 1982 - William "Bill" LeBlanc
- 1983 - Fred G. Benton, Jr.
- 1984 - Mary Frey Eaton
- 1985 - Charles H. Dillemuth
- 1986 - Milton J. Womack
- 1987 - Mildred Bos Feldman
- 1988 - Paul "Pat" O'Brien
- 1989 - Roland M. Toups
- 1990 - Ken E. Uffman
- 1991 - John E. Dial
- 1992 - Bishop Stanley Joseph Ott
- 1993 - Sidney J. Duplessis
- 1994 - Fred Greer Jr.
- 1995 - Charles L. Valluzzo
- 1996 - Dr. Frank McMains
- 1997 - Major Reginald Brown
- 1998 - Marti Ledwidge Didier
- 1999 - Farrow Behrens
- 2000 - Carl Meriwether Jr.
- 2001 - Hillar C. Moore, Jr.
- 2002 - Wallace Armstrong
- 2003 - Gerry Lane
- 2004 - Howard Bolton
- 2005 - Robert "Bobby" Yarborough
- 2006 - Louis D. Curet
- 2007 - Z.C. "Zeke" Dunaway
- 2008 - Frances Bennett
- 2009 - Sue Turner
- 2010 - Gary Mockler
- 2011 - Richard Lipsey
- 2012 - G. Lee Griffin
- 2013 - Vera Martin
- 2014 - Whitney Vann
- 2015 - Donna Saurage
- 2016 - Marvin Borgmeyer