While their backgrounds may be different, Brad Garafola, Matthew Gerald and Montell Jackson -- members of Baton Rouge law enforcement slain during an ambush attack by a lone gunman from Missouri on July 17, 2016 -- each had an undying commitment to serve their community.
- In Houston hospital, wounded deputy Nick Tullier's family gathers to celebrate recovery's daily battles
- In memory of Brad Garafola: 'Superman' to his kids, a Baton Rouge deputy who lived to help others
- Remembering Officer Matthew Gerald: A life spent in service to others, until the very end
- Memories of Officer Montrell Jackson: 20 touching stories, quotes, special remembrances
- Photos: Family, friends, community members honor slain law enforcement officials