The Louisiana Dept. of Health reported 2,167 more coronavirus cases, 23 more deaths and 65 more hospitalizations in its daily noon update Saturday. Read the full story
Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards has called a 2:30 p.m. news conference Saturday to "make an announcement about Louisiana’s response to COVID-19." Read the full story
Southeastern Conference commissioner Greg Sankey said in an ESPN Radio interview Saturday morning that his concern about the feasibility of playing football is "high to very high," and the deadline for the SEC to decide how it'll proceed with fall athletic seasons amid coronavirus remains la… Read the full story
McKinley High football coach Richard Oliver said the school will stop its conditioning workouts for a 10-day period after learning Friday that a student who had joined the team recently tested positive for COVID-19. Read the full story
When Gov. John Bel Edwards stepped in front of the cameras for his latest coronavirus update Wednesday, he didn’t sugarcoat things. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Our Views: It's time for John Bel Edwards to mandate Louisianans wear masks in public
- Our Views: A compromise on car insurance, but one that ought to lower our rates
- Letters: Masks reflect 'junk science' and he won't waste his time
- Guest column: Even when it was hard, some at LSU stood up to segregation
- Letters: Lawyer, friend to Pampy Barre says article was 'shameful', 'disrespectul'
- Ed Pratt: More balloons, more grief, wounds in a community that cannot heal
- Letter: Edwards lauded for sticking to raises: 'We are our brother's keeper'
- Our Views: A campus looks into history for renaming buildings