A pair of road wins, one of them a stunning upset of No. 5 Kentucky, has propelled the LSU men's basketball team to its highest ranking in a decade. Read the full story
The president of student government and the student voted “Mr. Lee High” was recently expelled from the prominent Baton Rouge public high school, but he’s persuaded the School Board to consider reversing that decision. Read the full story
The man who entered into a shootout with law enforcement officers before being fatally shot on Sunday evening has been identified as Reginald Romero Bursey, according to multiple law enforcement sources. Read the full story
GONZALES — Defense attorney Jarrett Ambeau showed Ascension Parish jurors a disturbing photograph of a dying Todd "T.J." Toups Jr. during last week's closing arguments in the murder trial of Toups' admitted killer, Jacob Westbrook. Read the full story
An incident involving a suspected shoplifter at the Mall of Louisiana led to the arrest of 73-year-old Baton Rouge man after a video taken by a passerby appeared to show the man kick the female shoplifting suspect in the face as security officers held her down on the ground in the mall's par… Read the full story
- Grace Notes: As New Orleans Mardi Gras parades roll, Goodell will be glad NFL refs can't see
- Our Views: When political deadlock threatened Mardi Gras and brought it to a halt on Canal Street
- Walt Handelsman: New Cartoon Caption Contest!
- Letters: Republicans could have built the wall
- Letters: Another Louisiana nurse's view of abortion legislation
- Letter: Praise for 'egocentric, power-hungry' Mitch Landrieu as funny as it is wrong
- Our Views: Our LA-4 success story, but start with kids earlier
- Dan Fagan: Mitch Landrieu wants an 'electable' Democrat presidential nominee; has he seen his party lately?