William “Bill” Oliver, a former president of AT&T Louisiana who also had been chairman of the New Orleans economic alliance GNO Inc., died Monday in Lebanon, Tennessee, apparently of complications from a fall from his boat, according to his friend Richard Zuschlag. He was 71. Read the full story
An attorney for the 17-year-old arrested in his father's slaying earlier this month claims there is an extensive history of child abuse that could impact the case's outcome. Read the full story
Joe Brady said he tells the LSU wide receivers every day "this team is going to go as the receivers go," and when the first-year passing game coordinator spoke about his offensive philosophies Monday evening, that daily phrase seems just about right. Read the full story
Dave Aranda is tinkering with his defense again, a talented unit that has had a fluid scheme during his four years as defensive coordinator at LSU. Read the full story
Like many people my age, I joined the military after 9-11. I served as a combat medic in Iraq for 15 months from 2003-2004. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Walt Handelsman: Child Detainees
- Lanny Keller: The crisis in small-town Louisiana grows worse
- Letters: Why is cost of college so high in the first place?
- Louisiana military veteran: America is treating immigrants worse than 9-11 terrorists
- Grace Notes: Ralph Abraham helps himself to someone else's ad -- and steps on his own message
- Baton Rouge High alum: I'm 'stunned' and 'upset' to find zero people of color in school Hall of Fame
- Our Views: Before Jeff Hughes landed on Louisiana Supreme Court, he made a mockery of justice
- Walt Handelsman: Ready to Light.......