Gov. John Bel Edwards on Saturday said he will effectively shut down bars and issue a mask mandate to stem Louisiana's rapidly-rising coronavirus case count. Read the full story
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: Second-straight day of more than 2,000 new cases reported
- What if Louisiana doesn't change its coronavirus course? It'll be like Houston or Florida soon
- LSU releases new details on fall reopening: some remote classes, masks, social distancing
- 'In the middle of a hurricane': Bar owners beat up as Louisiana stops live music indoors
- SEC commissioner Greg Sankey's level of concern about football season? 'High to very high'
The Louisiana Dept. of Health reported 2,167 more coronavirus cases, 23 more deaths and 65 more hospitalizations in its daily noon update Saturday. Read the full story
Southeastern Conference commissioner Greg Sankey said in an ESPN Radio interview Saturday morning that his concern about the feasibility of playing football is "high to very high," and the deadline for the SEC to decide how it'll proceed with fall athletic seasons amid coronavirus remains la… Read the full story
McKinley High football coach Richard Oliver said the school will stop its conditioning workouts for a 10-day period after learning Friday that a student who had joined the team recently tested positive for COVID-19. Read the full story
A teenage boy's body was recovered from the Amite River in Baton Rouge on Saturday morning after authorities spent hours the day before searching for him, according to a news release. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Our Views: It's time for John Bel Edwards to mandate Louisianans wear masks in public
- Our Views: A compromise on car insurance, but one that ought to lower our rates
- Letters: Masks reflect 'junk science' and he won't waste his time
- Guest column: Even when it was hard, some at LSU stood up to segregation
- Letters: Lawyer, friend to Pampy Barre says article was 'shameful', 'disrespectul'
- Ed Pratt: More balloons, more grief, wounds in a community that cannot heal
- Letter: Edwards lauded for sticking to raises: 'We are our brother's keeper'
- Our Views: A campus looks into history for renaming buildings