It took Thomas Tillman's wife, his pastor and finally the rising hospitalizations and cases fueled by the highly contagious delta variant to convince him to get the COVID vaccine. Read the full story
Workers with GibKo Signs prepared carefully to remove the old neon marquee in front of the historic Lincoln Theater, once a social and cultural touchstone in Baton Rouge that drew the great African American performers of the '50s and '60s. Read the full story
Barely a year into his tenure, state Superintendent of Education Cade Brumley's agency is marked by high turnover that has gotten the attention of the state Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. Read the full story
Congressman Clay Higgins of Lafayette confirmed on social media Sunday that he, his wife and son are sick with COVID-19. Read the full story
Jared Nolen deployed to Afghanistan after the 9/11 terrorist attacks with a sense of purpose. Read the full story
- Child advocates: U.S. Congress ought to learn from Louisiana Legislature's actions
- Letters: LSU must require vaccinations, lest the new surge devastate the campus
- Letters: It is dangerous to allow concealed-carry of guns without training
- Melinda Deslatte: State Capitol's party divides get wider during veto session
- With over 500 punchlines sent in, check out who surfed to victory in Walt Handelsman's latest Cartoon Caption Contest!!
- James Gill: It's Donald Trump's vaccine. So what took Steve Scalise so long?
- Our Views: Veto session was a bust, but still a warning for the future
- Stephanie Grace: It's good that GOP is pushing vaccination, but what took so long?