One person died and two others had to be rescued after a seaplane from Bourgeois Fishing Charters crashed Sunday afternoon in Chandeleur Sound, according to the Coast Guard. The dead man was identified as Theophile Bourgeois, the company's owner. Read the full story
Prison Enterprises, the for-profit arm of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections that uses inmate labor in various businesses, has been unprofitable for 11 of the past 23 years and is training about a third of its inmates for jobs that aren't in growing industries, a state… Read the full story
Former Gov. Kathleen Blanco, who died Sunday, will be honored with several events in Baton Rouge on Thursday, and there will be a funeral Mass on Saturday with a private burial. Read the full story
CARSON, Calif. — The New Orleans Saints experienced contrasting halves in Sunday’s 19-17 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. Read the full story
A man was in critical condition after he was stabbed in the abdomen by a Denham Springs man on Sunday evening, according Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Walt Handelsman: New Cartoon Caption Contest Winners!
- Letters: Corps of Engineers deserves our thanks
- Letters: Mass shooting response defines what insanity is
- Letters: Article about Jeff Landry displayed bias
- Louisiana Spotlight: For governor, it's easy to oppose taxes, hard to say what budgets to cut
- Grace Notes: Education governor Kathleen Blanco had much to teach us
- Our Views: Kathleen Blanco was an underestimated governor who gave it her 'all'
- James Gill: Here's what Mark Twain said about school boards, and why he was right about New Orleans