A day after Louisiana detected its first case of the omicron coronavirus variant, healthcare workers and local organizations celebrated a small victory: more than 200 adults and children got their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a wellness fair that also aimed to quell misinformation a… Read the full story
New Orleans native, daughter of politician-turned-poet, takes over Gulf of Mexico operations Read the full story
The legislative road tour has been hearing conflicting ideas about how to redraw Louisiana’s six U.S. House districts to best fit the state’s shifting population. Read the full story
A cruise ship arriving in New Orleans this weekend has identified 10 COVID-19 cases among its crew members and passengers, the Louisiana Department of Health said. Read the full story
When Katie Remes’ New Orleans-area hospital needed nurses to staff a new COVID ward in March 2020, she volunteered. She wanted to be there for patients and her coworkers in the toughest times. Read the full story
Stay in the Know
- Our Views: Welcoming the winds of change to Louisiana's energy industry
- James Gill: They say you can't fight City Hall. Here's one reason why.
- Stephanie Grace: As infrastructure spigot opens, Louisiana's naysayers stay mum
- Mark Ballard: Despite claims from the politicians, stimulus spending not the only cause of inflation
- Walt Handelsman: Masks and Vests
- Our Views: Goodbye 2021 hurricane season. We’ve learned some lessons. We’ll prepare for next year.
- Ed Pratt: Decency and common sense requires proof of vaccination. New Orleans got it right.
- Our Views: Baton Rouge native's pivotal OMB role for Joe Biden