A relative of New Orleans-raised pro football player Tyrann Mathieu allegedly threatened go public with sexual misconduct allegations against the athlete unless he coughed up millions in hush money. Read the full story
AMITE — The autistic woman who was held captive and forced to live in an outdoor cage in Amite told one of her relatives Tuesday that she made her "life a living hell." Read the full story
A Ponchatoula Junior High student forcibly restrained by two teachers during a March 28 fight in the school's courtyard sued the educators and the Tangipahoa Parish school system Tuesday, claiming the teachers used excessive force and gave her a concussion. Read the full story
Standing in front of the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board Office, the leaders of two teacher unions called Tuesday for an immediate investigation into the principal at McKinley High, saying he rules by fear, retaliates against those who criticize him and behaves inappropriately with both… Read the full story
Two members of LSU's now-closed Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity who were arrested earlier this year on hazing counts graduated this month from the university, despite criminal cases that remain unresolved, potentially making irrelevant any disciplinary action the university could take against them. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Dan Fagan: After shooting that changed his life, Steve Scalise struggles with forgiveness
- Letters: Baton Rouge ought to do a better job on recycling days
- Letters: What's the difference between Russian and American info wars?
- Letters: Use objective data to assess jail progress
- Letters: Crime is a source of the blight of south Baton Rouge
- Is there a liberal alternative to Trumpist glory?
- Grace Notes: Flood insurance reform remains where it always seems to be, on the to-do list
- Our Views: As Harrah's fights to skip Louisiana tax bill, common sense should prevail on new lease