It can’t be that simple, can it? That new LSU women’s basketball coach Kim Mulkey saw a school she could help, in a place she wanted to be, and decided that after 21 years at Baylor, it was time to make a move. Read the full story
After decades of public school students attending school for nine months followed by a summer break, state education leaders are urging Louisiana school districts to try a new calendar. Read the full story
The father of the suspect in the fatal shooting of an Elvis Presley impersonator has been arrested in New Orleans, the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office said. Read the full story
A man went to great lengths — fleeing the scene and lying about his car being stolen — to hide his involvement in a fatal hit-and-run crash on River Road, Baton Rouge police say. Read the full story
AUBURN, Ala. — LSU won its weekend series here against Auburn, capturing two vital wins in its push toward the postseason. Read the full story
- James Gill: Louisiana's latest get-rich lottery is in Bitcoin puffery from the Legislature
- Our Views: In Louisiana, Joe Biden ought to get GOP help on our decrepit bridges, pumps
- Stephanie Grace: Liz Cheney has the courage of her convictions. Steve Scalise has neither.
- Mark Ballard: Legislators close their well-financed eyes to public's demand for home care
- Walt Handelsman: Fore!
- Our Views: A lost opportunity for cops to connect with community
- Our Views: Welcome to challenges as new LSU president, Dr. Tate
- Letters: Behind Democrats' political agenda: Turn U.S. into one-party state