NEW ITEMS FOR SALE
One person has been rescued and three others are missing on the Mississippi River near the Luling bridge after two towing vessels crashed into each other Sunday morning, according to a Coast Guard spokesperson. Read the full story
A conversation with an LHSAA member principal in 2013 keeps running through my head. The LHSAA had just passed the initial select/nonselect playoffs split for football only and everyone was packing up to leave the Crowne Plaza. Read the full story
In what’s becoming something of a tradition for Louisiana governors entering their second term, Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards last week weighed in on how to govern LSU, basically backing a move to upend the system put in place by his predecessor, Gov. Bobby Jindal, during the opening days… Read the full story
A Baton Rouge man is in jail for his alleged role in an accident on North Lobdell Boulevard that resulted in the death of another motorist and a bicyclist Saturday evening. Read the full story
LSU coach Ed Orgeron landed a commitment from another wide receiver a little over a week before national signing day. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Our Views: Change the law that creates one-man rule on U.S. trade policy
- James Gill: From the backstretch to slaughterhouse, Fair Grounds horse deaths shouldn't surprise
- Dan Fagan: John Alario gave us billboard lawyers and high car insurance. He's gone, but will that change?
- Walt Handelsman: The Hard Rock Tragedy
- Mark Ballard: If LSU changes its leadership system, will it be good or bad for future?
- Stephanie Grace: As legislators prepare to go to war, here's something everyone can support
- Our View: Remember World War II, or forget it at our peril
- Letters: Records can be broken, a championship is forever