East Baton Rouge city and parish officials have trampled on an online reporter’s First Amendment rights, according to a lawsuit that could have ramifications on how much access governments across the state give non-traditional news media outlets. Read the full storyDo online reporters require special credentials? Unfiltered with Kiran says no
TAMPA, Fla. — It was right there in front of them, a huge win that would have put them within a half-game of the NFC South lead with four games to go. Read the full storyFAILURE: Saints unravel in final minutes of a devastating loss to the Buccaneers
The Tangipahoa NAACP has accused the Ponchatoula Police Department of defaming and wrongfully terminating an officer the police department says interfered with the arrest of his stepson. The civil rights organization claims the firing of Capt. Melvin McGary was in retaliation for reporting w… Read the full storyNAACP says Ponchatoula Police fired officer in retaliation for reporting misconduct
It’s never been a glamorous job despite public defenders’ crucial role in ensuring a fair trial for everyone. In post-storm Calcasieu, nerves of steel are required. Read the full storyHurricane Laura’s destruction still takes toll on public defenders
Arthur Noflin Jr. was barely recognizable as a human being when authorities found his charred remains inside a truck that had been burned to a crisp in New Orleans. The grisly discovery happened in March 2016, about nine months after another man died in Baton Rouge under what initially appea… Read the full storyBaton Rouge woman implicated in husband's, boyfriend's deaths stands trial before judge
Stay in the Know
- Our Views: Support constitutional amendments on Dec. 10 ballots
- Letters: Inflation started with Biden's actions, not Putin or COVID
- Letters: Steven Roberts would penalize, reward by race
- Letters: Corporate greed among reasons why we are enduring inflation
- Letters: Despite chemical industry PR, report was accurate
- With over 900 entries sent in, check out who topped the NICE list in Walt Handelsman's latest Cartoon Caption Contest!!
- James Gill: Was Biden clever or careless in tapping Strategic Petroleum Reserve?
- Our Views: Legacy of disaster underlies drastic dysfunction of John Bel Edwards' agencies