DONALDSONVILLE — The crash of a 600-foot-long tanker ship into the Sunshine Bridge on Sunday is at least the 21st time maritime traffic has hit the Mississippi River span since it was built in St. James Parish in the early 1960s. Read the full story
A committee of Louisiana's top school board Tuesday recommended revoking the charter for Laurel Oaks Charter School in Baton Rouge over concerns about the safety of students, questionable financial practices and other issues. Read the full story
Zion Williamson is bringing a lot more than dazzling dunks and gravity-defying blocks to New Orleans. Read the full story
The good news for Sean Payton and his coaching staff is that they still have about 2 1/2 months to decide. Read the full story
Two family members of former LSU quarterback Rohan Davey are unnamed individuals in federal court documents alleging fraud by former Our Lady of the Lake hospital head John Paul Funes, according to Business Report. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Walt Handelsman: Climate Change
- Dan Fagan: John Bel Edwards is going to have a hard time getting reelected
- Letters: Cap out-of-pocket expenses for Medicare medications
- New Orleans activist: Entergy's fake supporters scandal continues to resonate
- Lanny Keller: Amid flogging the poor, politicans should be careful of their methods
- Grace Notes: Ex-Secretary of State Tom Schedler once wanted his reputation restored. Now he just wants his money back.
- Our Views: More balance between property rights, owners who won’t keep up property
- Walt Handelsman: Trump Escalator Update.