There’s no shortage of thoroughbreds boxed into the trailers that rattle into the dirt parking lot at Dominique’s Livestock Market in Opelousas on Tuesdays, to be sold to the highest bidder. Read the full story
The woman killed Monday night in a fiery crash that officials said an 18-year-old intentionally caused was a devoted mother and wife who dedicated her life to inspiring others after she lost a daughter in 2016. Read the full story
The 18-year-old suspect in the fatal, fiery crash that killed a 51-year-old woman Monday night told police that he believed God instructed him to kill himself, which prompted him to plow into another vehicle at a speed of at least 90 mph, according to his arrest warrant. Read the full story
LSU officials are unveiling a newly renovated locker room for the university’s football program this week, and the $28 million price tag for the luxury digs, funded by private donors, has promoted a lively debate on social media about the school’s priorities. Read the full story
Envy is ugly. Some folks just don’t like it when others have nice stuff. Envy says, “Why should you have nice things when I don’t?” Nothing awakens the envious more than opulence. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Walt Handelsman: Gretna Cops Fired
- Letters: What would Jesus say to Cassidy and Kennedy?
- Letters: Don't blame criminal justice reform in Greenhouse case. Blame Jeff Landry
- Stephanie Grace: Eddie Rispone's with Trump. That doesn't mean Trump's with Eddie Rispone.
- Dan Fagan: Quit whining about LSU's fancy new locker room, and Geaux Tigers
- LSU student government leader: As football thrives, the library languishes
- Our Views: Are we moving in the right direction? As LSU football thrives, Louisiana exodus continues
- Our Views: Art Neville was one of our greats