Baton Rouge protesters gather for the fourth night in a row, this time at Chick-fil-A and Twin Peaks, on Siegen Lane in response to the police-involved death of George Floyd, Wednesday evening. Read the full story
Another night of protests against police brutality unfolded Wednesday night along Siegen Lane, with protesters this time targeting individual businesses and their patrons, first closing down Chick-fil-A through demonstrations in the parking lot and later setting up outside Twin Peaks while d… Read the full story
New Orleans police used tear gas to disperse a crowd of protesters attempting to cross the Crescent City Connection Wednesday night after what had been several days of peaceful protests in the city sparked by the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police. Read the full story
Drew Brees, you spoke. Now I need you to listen. Read the full story
When I first saw the Drew Brees interview floating around Wednesday on the internet, I assumed it was old. Read the full story
Baton Rouge Local Events
- Our Views: Iowa Rep. Steve King called us freeloaders. Tuesday we had the last laugh.
- Dan Fagan: Brutal cops are targeting African Americans. So are abortionists.
- Our Views: An abuse by Karen Carter Peterson, two important positions blocked
- Our Views: John Bel Edwards should sign the bill aimed at lowering sky-high car insurance rates
- Stephanie Grace: Even as coronavirus restrictions ease, the need for caution remains
- Letters: No traffic may mean less business from French Quarter tourists
- 100 Black Men: Time for a stronger voice for community
- Letters: Close money-losing golf courses, open land for other public uses