A tropical disturbance has nearly a 100 percent chance of forming into a depression in or near the Gulf of Mexico in the next 48 hours, according to the National Hurricane Center's update at 1 p.m. Saturday. Read the full story
Check out the latest scores and more on theadvocate.com's south Louisiana high school football scoreboard. Read the full story
“Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.” — John Wooden, former UCLA head men's basketball coach, 10-time NCAA champion Read the full story
Even by LSU standards, this was one nutty week. Even by 2020 standards, this was one eventful week. Read the full story
When Alexander “A.P.” Tureaud Jr. stepped onto LSU's campus nearly seven decades ago, he was met with hostility as the university's first and only Black undergraduate student at that time. Read the full story
- Walt Handelsman: What Costume?
- Our Views: A national reminder of our state’s battle restoring Lake Charles area
- Grace Notes: Second debate winners were Kristen Welker, the mute button -- oh, and Joe Biden
- Letters: Coastal land loss is not the fault of Republicans, as Bob Marshall says
- Guest column: A Democrat and feminist backs abortion amendment on Nov. 3
- Letters: 2020's imperfect visions of an America that's crumbling politically
- Walt Handelsman: Louisiana Legislature Logic
- Our Views: Has the presidential debate commission outlived its usefulness?