Here's the worry Southwestern Louisiana area leaders are expressing of late: That Hurricane Laura and crippling damages it left behind in Cameron and Calcasieu parishes have been forgotten by the outside world. That no one would care. Continue Reading
A single engine plane registered to a Lafayette-based corporation crashed in Texas on Sunday, killing all four people on board. Continue Reading
Heavy rains from Tropical Storm Beta could soak much of south Louisiana over the coming days and put most of the area, including New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lafayette, under a Flash Flood Watch beginning Sunday afternoon. Continue Reading
At least eight residents of the Maison Orleans nursing home in Uptown New Orleans have died from the coronavirus — according to records provided by the Orleans Parish coroner’s office, anyhow. Continue Reading
At first glance, UL’s 34-31 overtime win over Georgia State on Saturday was totally different than the season-opening win over Iowa State. Continue Reading
MORE ACADIANA NEWS & HEADLINES
- Letters: Who doesn't know there's a pandemic? Who wouldn't call Trump efforts action?
- Letters: Don't let vaccinations slip, or we're in worse shape medically as a society
- Can you make people smile even during this scary storm season? That's the challenge in Walt Handelsman's newest Cartoon Caption Contest!
- James Gill: Climate change threatens Louisiana in many ways. Here's one you may now know about.
- Stephanie Grace: Despite GOP objections, experience shows that election plan ordered by judge works
- Will Sutton: Let's save good businesses by whacking the bad businesses
- Political Horizons: Politics hold up federal coronavirus relief for Louisiana cities and towns
- Our Views: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg made history, and inspired generations in the process