Lafayette leaders learned an important lesson in the mid-1980s as the price of oil, along with the local economy, crashed: Industry diversification would be integral to the region's survival in the years ahead. Continue Reading
Leaders at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette expected a few hundred people to show up for a rally Sunday in response to last week's death of George Floyd at the hands of police. Continue Reading
Hurricane researchers believe they have discovered another contributor to the intensity of some hurricanes as they travel through the Gulf of Mexico or Caribbean Sea: surface lenses of freshwater created by the Mississippi, Orinoco and Amazon rivers. Continue Reading
There's a 50 percent chance that a tropical depression could form in the southwestern Bay of Campeche by Tuesday night, according to a special tropical weather outlook message issued by the National Hurricane Center on Sunday night. Continue Reading
A video out of Shreveport has gone viral after a police officer was filmed consoling a crying protester during a Black Lives Matter protest Sunday. Continue Reading
MORE ACADIANA NEWS & HEADLINES
- Hey, Who-Dat Nation! Check out these hilarious Dome naming ideas in Walt Handelsman's latest cartoon caption contest!
- Letters: Y mishandled closings: She won't donate again
- Letters: Legislators' contentions show lack of intellectual honesty
- Letters: Strict rules for the poor, polite requests for the wealthy
- Our Views: Years later, court confirms Iran’s sins against Marine, family
- James Gill: Is Tony Spell a man of God or a hustler? Here's why he is both.
- Dan Fagan: LaToya Cantrell says, 'There’s no bad idea.' But she has several of them.
- Walt Handelsman: No Cars In Quarter...