Mount Pleasant Baptist church in St. Landry Parish was destroyed in an early morning fire Thursday.
The church is the third historically black Baptist church in the parish in 10 days to burn to the ground in an overnight blaze.
St. Landry Fire District 3 received the call about a fire at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., Assistant Chief David Miller said. The church is located in the 3900 block of Highway 182 south of Opelousas.
040519 Church fires.jpg
- Third church in 10 days burned down in St. Landry Parish; investigators on the scene
- 'You're attacking God's home': Officials address suspicious fires at historically black St. Landry churches
- After string of St. Landry church fires, pastors pray, plan ways to protect churches
- Pastors of burned St. Landry churches respond to outpouring of support; here's how to donate
- Photos, video: Interior fire damage at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in St. Landry Parish
- Cross stolen from site of Louisiana church destroyed by arsonist: ‘It’s like adding insult to injury’