OSSUN — Firefighters battled an afternoon house fire in Ossun on Friday that began when a vehicle ignited under the home’s carport, according to the Scott Fire Department.
Fire investigators determined the vehicle, which had mechanical issues earlier in the day, caught fire under the carport shortly before 1 p.m., with the blaze then spreading into the home’s attic, Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier said in a news release.
Firefighters got the fire under control in about 15 minutes, Sonnier said. Investigators determined it to be accidental.
A neighbor noticed the smoke when passing by the home and knocked on the door to let the homeowner know the house was on fire, according to Sonnier. The homeowner called 911 and no one was injured.