Two former St. Martin Parish deputies pleaded guilty Thursday to perjury and malfeasance in office for filing false police reports that led to at least one drug arrest, KATC-TV is reporting.
Assistant District Attorney Chester Cedars said John Brown pleaded guilty to perjury and Brian Reyes pleaded guilty to malfeasance in office.
The men, arrested in February, were set for trial Monday.
The two deputies were involved in a drug arrest in May 2013. When the prosecutor began reviewing the case file, he noticed discrepancies in the details of the arrest. After conducting interviews with other officers, he went to Cedars and said the reports prepared by Brown and Reyes were likely falsified on purpose.
The Sheriff’s Office then called in State Police to help investigate the deputies.
Both deputies had already been terminated for other reasons, Cedars has said.
Man sought in armed robbery of Piccadilly
Lafayette police are searching for a robber who struck the Piccadilly restaurant on Arnould Boulevard on Monday morning.
Employees told detectives a man entered the restaurant about 9:05 a.m., loitered in the lobby for several minutes, then pulled out a pistol and demanded money, according to news release from the Lafayette Police Department.
Police said the robber fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
No one was injured.
Anyone with information about the robbery or the identity of the suspect is encouraged to call Lafayette Crime Stoppers at (337) 232-TIPS.
Arrests posted June 22, 2015, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- MARCUS ALEXIS: 23, of the 1500 block of Martin Luther King Drive, Jeanerette. He was booked on for St. Mary Parish.
- RICKI ARSMENT: 59, of the 200 block of Clem Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and misdemeanor reckless operation of a vehicle.
- RICHARD JOSEPH BAUDOIN: 44, of the 700 block of West Gloria Switch Road, Lafayette. He was booked on entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden.
- RICHARD BELLARD: 52, of the 900 block of Marilyn Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on violating a traffic signal and misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- AARON WILLIAM BRKENMEIER: 23, of the 200 block of Badeaux Road, Lafayette. He was booked on entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden.
- BRANDON MITCHELL CHEVALIER: 22, of the 1100 block of Salt Mine Highway, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on fugitive.
- JACOBY CLAY: 24, of the 100 block of Sweetbriar, Scott. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant and fugitive.
- MATTHEW R. CORBETT: 31, of the 100 block of Windrose Lane, Youngsville. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- KATINA CORMIER: 42, of the 2300 block of La. 93, Carencro. She was booked on fugitive.
- JOSHUA MICHAEL DORE: 30, of the 100 block of Rue Du Jarden Road, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- DONETELLO GAJADHAR: 22, of the 2700 block of Ambassador, Lafayette. He was booked on entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden; three counts of fugitive; and resisting an officer.
- JONATHAN JOSEPH GERARD: 17, of the 1000 block of Renaurd Drive, Scott. He was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana; and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- BARRETT J. GUIDRY: 21, of the 100 block of Meadow Wood Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and careless operation.
- RAFAEL HERNANDEZ: 22, of the 700 block of Sweetbriar, Scott. He was booked on fugitive and distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics.
- CHARLES HOLIFIELD: 43, of the 900 block of Leblanc Street, Duson. He was booked on two counts of fugitive.
- LOGAN CHASE KNOX: 19, of the 8600 block of Carriage Court Drive, Baton Rouge. He was booked on resisting an officer and criminal mischief.
- GREGORY THOMAS MAHER: 24, of the 100 block of Island Point Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated battery.
- VICTOR MEJIA-GUTIERREZ: 30, of Washington D.C. He was booked on failure to secure a driver’s license; making an illegal U-turn; and misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- MICHAEL MIKETINAS: 18, of the 12233 block of Beacon Tree Drive, Baton Rouge. He was booked on resisting an officer and criminal mischief.
- STEPHANIE C. MORRIS: 38, of the 800 block of Cleveland Avenue, Hamilton, Ohio. She was booked on misdemeanor theft and criminal trespass.
- DONALD J. NUGENT: 30, of the 100 block of Windward Street, Lafayette. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- HAYDEN ROYER: 23, of the 300 block of Harvest Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on simple battery.
- BRIAN J. RUSSO: 47, of the 100 block of Taylor Street, New Iberia. He was booked on simple burglary of a religious building and unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling.
- JOSEPH DALTON SONNIER JR.: 47, of the 2500 block of West Gloria Switch, Carencro. He was booked on aggravated assault and disturbing the peace.
- JUSTIN C. TUTTLE: 34, of the 4700 block of Bridge Street, St. Martinville. He was booked on for St. Martin Parish.
- BRYANT KIRK VAUGHN JR.: 28, of the 100 block of Racetrack Lane, Rayne. He was booked on domestic abuse aggravated assault and possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of felonies.