Crab Task Force Meeting: 1 p.m., state Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge.
Shrimp Task Force Meeting: 10 a.m., state Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge.
WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Joe Herring Room, state Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge.
FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS SERIES: 7 p.m.-midnight, LA Express landing, Jarreau. Fee $40/boat, max 2 anglers. Weekly event through September. COVID-19 distancing restrictions. Call Storm Randall at (225) 937-0489.
17TH CUT OFF FISHING CLUB RODEO: Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. Benefits South Lafourche High scholarships. Inshore & offshore categories. Adult and Youth divisions. Entry fees $15 & $20 includes meals. Youth crab races. Call Roy Dubois (985) 693-7184/(985) 258-5110 or Lon Griffin (985) 278-2706. Website: cutofffishingclub.com.
TRAP SHOOT: 8:30 a.m., Southwest Gun Club, McComb, Mississippi. Weather permitting. ATA-style trap field/portable traps/25 singles or 12 pairs per round. Only 7½ shot size or smaller. Fee $5/round (cash/correct change only). Call Doug Bowser (601) 341-8797. Email: email@example.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
AUG. 9—RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Room 204, Adult Education Building, Broadmoor Methodist, 10230 Mollylea Drive, Baton Rouge. Website: rsff.org.
AUG. 12—JUNIOR SOUTHWEST BASSMASTERS MEETING: Call Jim Breaux (225) 772-3026.
STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT AND ANGLERS’ RODEO: Through Sept. 6. CCA Louisiana saltwater rodeo with divisions & numerous categories. Must be CCA member. Website: ccalouisiana.com.
OPEN RECREATIONAL SEASONS: Red snapper (Friday-through-Sunday seasons), greater amberjack, gray triggerfish, several snapper species & all groupers except closed for goliath & Nassau groupers in state/federal waters.
SHRIMP: All state inshore waters closed except for the double-rig line area in Breton & Chandeleur sounds. All state outside waters are open.
CLOSED SEASONS: Commercial king mackerel (hook & line; gill-netting) in Gulf of Mexico Southern Zone. Commercial take of large coastal sharks (large coastal and hammerhead groups) closed in state & federal waters through Dec. 31. Take of blacktip sharks remains open.
- U.S. 90 boat launch on Middle River of the Pearl River system closed for repairs.
- Daily free shuttles to and from the Elmer’s Island beaches toward Caminada Pass from the parking area off La. 1 operate from sunrise to sunset through Labor Day.
- Drawdowns scheduled to begin Aug. 2 on Black and Clear Lake (Natchitoches Parish).
- Road construction beginning Aug. 16 and lasting through October will limit access from Don Bernard Road to the Spring Bayou Boat Ramp Road on Spring Bayou WMA in Avoyelles Parish.
- Hunter Education classes have resumed. Website: wlf.louisiana.gov/page/hunter-education.