Sixteen months into the pandemic, Louisiana’s hospitals are battling against a ferocious uptick in COVID cases without a full complement of their most precious resource: staff to care for critically ill patients. Read the full story
- How does Louisiana's fourth COVID wave compare to others? This graphic illustrates it.
- CDC: All teachers, students and vaccinated people in COVID hotspots should wear masks indoors
- Louisiana daily COVID numbers: Cases increase by over 4,000, deaths by 20
- After Clay Higgins gets COVID, a look at Louisiana's U.S. Congress members who are vaccinated
- As COVID surge escalates in Louisiana, hospitals shut down elective surgeries: 'No room at our inn'
Louisiana State Penitentiary's Camp J is preparing to once again isolate COVID-positive inmates as cases rise throughout the state's prison system because of the more-contagious delta variant. In the past week, the number of cases among inmates has gone from zero to nearly four dozen. Read the full story
LSU and other higher education officials said Tuesday they will be making decisions shortly on face masks and related mandates to cope with the latest surge in cases of the coronavirus. Read the full story
The board that oversees East Baton Rouge libraries on Tuesday declared its opposition to Metro Councilman Dwight Hudson's effort to re-route tax money that pays for two parish agencies, including the libraries, and spend it instead to improve drainage. Read the full story
After a 13-hour public hearing Monday that highlighted fundamental disagreements and dysfunctional relationships between Baton Rouge Police Department leadership and some officers, a veteran cop got his rank restored following a demotion earlier this year. Read the full story