New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has never shied away from saying it -- the home-field advantage at Mercedes-Benz Superdome is real. Read the full story
A city civil service board Thursday overturned Baton Rouge police officer Yuseff Hamadeh's dismissal after finding the police department violated his rights during their internal investigation of an August incident in which he shot at a fleeing motorist. Read the full story
Running for Congress in 2014 as a political outsider, Dr. Ralph Abraham made a pledge that resonated with voters in his conservative northeast Louisiana district: He would not collect his salary if he went to Washington. Read the full story
Community radio station WWOZ-FM has sold all 3,000 of its "brass passes" for the 2019 New Orleans Jazz Fest. This is the first year the passes, a major source of funding for the station, sold out by mid-January, said WWOZ's general manager, Beth Arroyo Utterback. Read the full story
A woman shot and killed in a Sherwood Forest neighborhood Tuesday evening was dropping off a friend after dinner when a masked gunman approached and fired one shot that killed the woman, according to the survivor's fiance. Read the full story
- Walt Handelsman: Filling Up
- Look Out Belooooooow!!
- Stephanie Grace: Political trash-talking all part of the game
- Letters: Interstate widening: Why no public debate?
- Grace Notes: On Russian sanctions vote, John Kennedy bucks Donald Trump -- and David Vitter
- Our Views: Coast Guard members rescued Louisiana; Amid shutdown, it's time our congressmen return favor
- Letters: ExxonMobil a big driver of regional giving
- FDA agent: A veteran served his country. Now, as shutdown drags on, Congress is stiffing him