- PLAQUEMINES PARISH SEAFOOD FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., 225 F Edward Hebert Blvd., Belle Chasse. Local seafood and other unique, local food specialties. Live music from local bands, and traditional Cajun music, crafts from local artisans, carnival rides, sandbagging contests, and the Seafood Queen Pageant. Helicopter rides offer a view of the region and the Mississippi River.
- MID-CITY BAYOU BOOGALOO FESTIVAL: 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, Bayou St. John. The music festival along the banks of Bayou St. John features three music stages, an arts market, children’s activities and food and drink vendors. (504) 488-3865 or thebayouboogaloo.com.
- TUNICA-BILOXI POW WOW: 6:30 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Paragon Casino Resort, Marksville. Dancing, music, storytelling, drum group competitions. $5, adults; $3, children ages 5 and younger. tunicapowwow.org.
- LOUISIANA VETERANS FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Northshore Harbor Center, 100 Harbor Center Blvd., Slidell. Habitat for Humanity hosts the fundraiser featuring live music, a car show, amusement rides, arts, crafts and food. General admission, $8; veterans, $5; and children 12 and under, free.
- JEFF FISH FEST & RODEO: 2 p.m., St. Matthew the Apostle, 10021 Jefferson Highway, River Ridge. A weigh-in party follows the two-day fishing rodeo, along with prizes, auctions, games, music and steak dinner. $20, adults; $5, children.
- SPRING FEST IN THE MARIGNY: noon, St. Paul Lutheran School, 2624 Burgundy St., New Orleans. Music, games and food. (504) 947-1773.
- HARMONIES FOR HEROES: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, La Renaissance Festival Site, 46468 River Road, Hammond. Music festival with three stages, food, military information and challenges. Proceeds benefit the USO and SOAR. $5. harmoniesforheroes.com.
- SINGS & STRINGS FESTIVAL: 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Garyville Historic District, Museum and Main streets, Garyville. Music performances, craft vendors and cook-offs. $5, adults; free, children 12 and younger. (504) 417-0325.
- FAUBOURG MARIGNY HOME TOUR & FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. festival; noon-4 p.m. tour, Washington Square Park, 700 Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans. Festival featuring arts market, music, kids’ activities, food, and more; home tour featuring formerly blighted houses now renovated. Free festival; $20 home tour. (504) 948-1859, faubourgmarigny.org.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn