- GHEENS BON MANGÉ FESTIVAL: Vacherie-Gheens Community Center, Gheens. This festival offers Cajun dishes and sweets, live entertainment, children’s rides, a truck, car and bike show, and a live auction. gheensbonmange.webs.com
CAJUN HERITAGE FESTIVAL: LAROSE CIVIC CENTER, 307 E. 5TH STREET. THE 40TH ANNUAL EVENT FEATURES FOOD, CAJUN CRAFTS, AND A DUCK CALLING CONTEST. HOURS ARE 7 P.M. TO 10 P.M. FRIDAY, AND 9 A.M. TO 4 P.M. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
- BUNK JOHNSON JAZZ FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Steamboat Warehouse Pavilion, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Celebrate jazz musician Bunk Johnson with live entertainment and delicious food.
- ST. CHARLES PARISH CRAWFISH COOK-OFF FESTIVAL: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Jerusalem Shriners Temple, 1940 Ormond Blvd., Destrehan. Cooking competition, judging, live music and tasting. $100 per team. stcharlesboil.com
INTERNATIONAL BEER FESTIVAL: 2 P.M. TO 6 P.M., CHAMPIONS SQUARE, MERCEDES-BENZ SUPERDOME, LASALLE STREET, NEW ORLEANS. SHOWCASE FOR CRAFT BEERS, SEMINARS, MUSIC AND ACTIVITIES. RESCHEDULED FROM MARCH. $40 AND UP. NEWORLEANSINTERNATIONALBEEFFEST.COM
- THE NEW ORLEANS OYSTER FESTIVAL: Woldenberg Park, 1 Canal St., New Orleans. The bivalve gets the star treatment at this festival, showcased in a stellar mélange of dishes and as the backdrop for some rocking good music. neworleansoysterfestival.org
- CAJUN HEARTLAND STATE FAIR: Cajundome, 444 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. The 28th annual event provides some of the best family entertainment, music and carnival rides. Prices and times vary. cajundome.com/chsf.aspx
SLIDELL SUMMER STREET SHOW: OLDE TOWN SLIDELL, FRONT STREET AND ERLANGER AVENUE. ENJOY A TWO-DAY OUTDOOR ANTIQUE SHOW. FREE ADMISSION. HOURS ARE 10 A.M. TO 5 P.M. BOTH DAYS.
- LOUISIANA CORN FESTIVAL: Lake Street, Bunkie. Rides, food, music, sports tournaments, pageants, parades and cooking competitions are part of this festival.
Compiled by Advocate staff