- ‘ANNE OF GREEN GABLES’: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, The Historic Delta Grand Theatre, 120 Market St., Opelousas. Adaptation of the children’s novel. $10-$15. (337) 407-1806
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., downtown Hammond. Arts and crafts, produce and more. dddhammond.com
- CHILDREN’S THEATRE WORKSHOP: 9 a.m.-noon, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. Children ages 8-14 will learn the technical side of theater with lights, sound, costumes and makeup and produce a play to be shown to their families. $10, includes a ticket to “Nick Tickle, Fairy Tale Detective.” Applications available from David’s Hair Salon, (337) 546-0163, or Turning Point, (337) 457-2156.
- ART GUMBO MARKET: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Houmas House Plantation, 40136 La. 942, Darrow. Local artists display and sell their art. Free. (225) 473-9380
- SCIENCE SATURDAY: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., LIGO Livingston Observatory, 19100 LIGO Lane, Livingston. Theme is “Looks Light.” Free. (225) 686-3173
- EVANGELINE TURF SPRINT DAY AND PERCY SLEDGE: 3:40 p.m., race; 8 p.m., concert, Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino and Hotel, 2235 Cresswell Lane Extension, Opelousas. (337) 594-3000.
- FAIS DO-DO DANCE: 4:30 p.m., Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veterans Memorial Highway, Eunice. Live music by Shane Rodriguez & Hillbilly Trick Show. $10. lvpark.com
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theatre, 200 Park Ave., Eunice. Featuring May Tweedel & Cajun Mixers, Troy Lejeune & Cajun Revue. $5. (337) 457-7389
- STARS & STRIPES, A MUSICAL CELEBRATION: 3 p.m., Sugar Cane Festival Building, 601 Parkview Drive, New Iberia. Patriotic concert by the Acadiana Symphony Orchestra and the Iberia Community Concert Band. Free. (337) 364-1603
- OUT OF THIS WORLD: 6 p.m., Main Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 20390 Iowa St., Livingston. A journey into space for ages 12-18 only. Free. (225) 686-2436 or mylpl.info
- ‘JOURNEY TO THE EMERALD CITY’: 10 a.m., MSA West Performance Arts Center, 57955 St. Lewis Road, White Castle; 2 p.m., White Castle High School, 32695 Graham St., White Castle. Designed for elementary age children and includes an audience participation portion with instruction on ballet exercises, terms and fun facts. Free.
- TRUCKS & TRUNKS: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 444 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Meet a star of Super Circus Heroes and eat lunch with the superheroes from the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Children who wear superhero attire or another costume will receive a savings offer to the circus. Free; some activities require admission. (337) 265-2100
- SODA POP SCIENCE: 2 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch (Livingston Parish Library), 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Children ages 8-11 will learn some cool properties of soda, have fun with exploding experiments, and make a fizzy drink. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 567-1441. mylpl.info
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY
- ‘NICK TICKLE, FAIRY TALE DETECTIVE’: 7 p.m., Eunice Players’ Theatre, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. A children’s summer production. Tickets available from David’s Hair Salon, (337) 546-0163, or Turning Point, (337) 457-2156.
- RICK KELLEY’S MUSIC: 10 a.m., South Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 23477 La. 444, Livingston, (225) 698-3015; 2 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch (Livingston Parish Library), 26941 La. 43, Hammond, (225) 567-1441; 6 p.m., Main Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 20390 Iowa St., Livingston (225) 686-2436. Interactive musical performance combining classic songs and music for kids. Free. mylpl.info
- MAKE A PARACORD BRACELET: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch, 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Ages 18 and older can learn how to make a paracord bracelet. All supplies will be provided. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 567-1441 or mylpl.info
- COOL LATIN JAZZ ON A HOT SUMMER NIGHT: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library-Dutchtown Branch, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. New Orleans Latin jazz harpist and composer Patrice Fisher, the Latin jazz group Arpa, and special guests Roberto Moreira and Javier Gutierrez will perform. Free. (225) 673-8699
- RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM & BAILEY SUPER CIRCUS HEROES: 7 p.m., Cajundome, 444 Cajundome Blvd, Lafayette. $10-$50. (337) 265-2100.
- LONGFELLOW EVANGELINE STATE HISTORIC SITE: 1200 N. Main St., St. Martinville. During June, the Acadian cabin at Longfellow-Evangeline is exhibiting fishing and hunting traps and cages of the 1800s. (888) 677-2900
- PAUL AND LULU HILLIARD UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette. “Contemporary Masters: Works on Paper,” through Aug. 16; “Earth and Element: the Art of George Dunbar,” through Aug. 30. “The Walter Anderson Family Legacy: Shearwater Pottery,” through Sept. 6. Gallery hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn