- LOS LOBOS CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, 100 Lafayette St. $65-$80. manshiptheatre.org
- GARDEN OF FLAGS AND MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: noon Friday, and 10 a.m. Saturday, State Capitol. The Blue Star Mothers will plant 10,000 American flags on the grounds of the State Capitol beginning at noon Friday. Members of the public and organizations are invited to help. A Memorial Day ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday. The names of the fallen will be read and the Gold Star Families will be invited to plant a flag in memory of a loved one. (225) 270-2537.
- PLANT SALE: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., 16524 Quiet Oaks Ave., Greenwell Springs. Sponsored by the Central Bloomers Garden Club. (225) 261-9208.
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m., 501 Main St. Local food, produce and more for sale. breada.org
- SCRAPBOOK YOUR FAMILY PORTRAIT: 10 a.m., Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Katharine Kirby will present scrapbook ideas. (225) 658-1540.
- CAWWS CAT ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Acadian Village Petco, 3535 Perkins Road. caaws.org
- CAWWS DOG ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., CAAWS Shelter, 6357 Quinn Drive. caaws.org
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Petsmart, 8660 Airline Highway. Sponsored by the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992.
- CONTRA DANCE: 5 p.m., St. Alban’s Chapel, corner of Highland Road and Dalrymple Drive. Basics for beginners at 4:30 p.m. No dance experience needed; all dances walked through and cued throughout. Sponsored by Louisiana Contras & Squares. Music by High Cotton. $6. (225) 803-9194.
- KIDS’ LAB: 10:15 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. Saturday, and 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 River Road S. Children ages 6-12 and parents or caregivers will explore the world of chemistry. Included in the price of admission. lasm.org
- PET ADOPTIONS: 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m., Petsmart, 8660 Airline Highway. Sponsored by the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992.
- READING & SIGNING: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., Baton Rouge Art Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive. Join Ronlyn Domingue for the release of her new novel, “The Chronicle Of Secret Riven,” published by Atria Books. Free. batonrougegallery.org
- GLASS ETCHING: 2 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Adults are invited to use etching chemicals to decorate their own glass cup, jar or other item. (225) 231-3240.
- BATON ROUGE CONCERT BAND MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT: 7 p.m., steps of the Louisiana State Capitol, North 3rd Street and State Capitol Drive. Free.
- 20SOMETHINGS GAME NIGHT: 7 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Play board and video games. (225) 231-3770.
- AN EVENING OF CELTIC MUSIC: 7 p.m., Café Americain, 7521 Jefferson Highway. Music by The Jig is Up. Sponsored by the Baton Rouge Irish Club. $10.
- GORHAM SILVER IN THE BELLE ÉPOQUE: noon, West Baton Rouge Museum: 845 N. Jefferson, Port Allen. A talk by New Orleans Museum of Art curator Mel Buchanan. Visitors are welcome to bring bag lunches. Free. (225) 336-2422, ext. 15.
- HENNA BODY ART: 2 p.m., Watson Branch Library, 36581 Outback Road, Denham Springs. Teens ages 12-18 are invited to create unique temporary body art with a henna tattoo. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 664-3963. livingston.lib.la.us
- ROCK N ROWE: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Perkins Rowe, 10107 Park Rowe Circle. Free, family-friendly event with music by the Carbon Copy Band. Free. (225) 767-2000.
- PARACORD BRACELET: 6 p.m., Watson Branch Library, 36581 Outback Rd., Denham Springs. Paracord bracelets are made from parachute cords and were originally used by soldiers and adventurers as an easy way to carry extra cord in case of emergency. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 664-3963. livingston.lib.la.us
- ‘DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST JR.’: 7 p.m., Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU. A Playmakers of Baton Rouge production. Pay-what-you-want night. (225) 578-6996 or playmakersbr.org.
- ARTS COUNCIL FIREHOUSE GALLERY: 427 Laurel St. “It’s My Time: A Collective Work of the Community School for the Arts My Time Painting Class” on display through Friday. Free. (225) 344-8558.
- BEAUREGARD GALLERY AND BISTRO: 715 Europe St. LSU BFA graduates will showcase their latest work through May 31. Email email@example.com.
- BREC SPLASH PADS: 8 a.m.-8 p.m., City-Brooks, Forest and Greenwood Community Parks. Open through October.
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. “Margaret Stones’ Flora of Louisiana: The Baton Rouge Connection” on display through Aug. 3. “Nari Ward: Rooted Communities” through Aug. 10. lsumoa.org
- LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM: 100 River Road S. “Hunt Slonem: ‘Bunnies!” through June 22. Hours are 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. $7.25, adults; $6.25, children ages 2-12 and seniors age 65 and older; $5, groups of 15 or more. College students with ID and museum members are admitted free. (225) 344-5272 or lasm.org
- LOUISIANA’S OLD STATE CAPITOL: 100 North Blvd. An exhibit of some of the outstanding works of the late photographer Fonville Winans will be on view through July 12. (225) 342-0500.
- LOUISIANA STATE ARCHIVES: 3851 Essen Lane. A collection of Blue Dog artwork by the late Louisiana artist George Rodrigue, through June 30.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. Prices include spay/neuter, microchip and all vaccinations. The society also offers adoptions 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Petco Acadian Village. For more information, call (225) 774-7701.
- CAT ADOPTIONS: noon-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. The society also holds adoption events at 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the PetSmart in Siegen Marketplace and the Petco at Acadian and Perkins. Call (225) 636-2680.
- YELP!BR DOG ADOPTIONS: noon-3 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and noon-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Petco Acadian Village, 3535 Perkins Road. Adoptable dogs are also available at the Yelp House, 3205 Lanier Drive by appointment only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 1 p.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, The Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. The organization also offers adoptions noon-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Orvis in Perkins Rowe, Bluebonnet at Perkins Road. friendsoftheanimalsbr.org
- WEST BATON ROUGE MUSEUM: 845 N. Jefferson, Port Allen. Offering free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Exhibit “A Louisianian’s Grand Tour during Belle Époque” through July 20. “Lincoln, The Constitution And The Civil War” on display through June 1. (225) 336-2422, ext. 15.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn