- MUSIC AND MARKET: 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Le Vieux Village, 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Vendors, live music, food and drinks. Performance by Warren Storm, Willie Tee & Cypress beginning at 6 p.m. Bring lawn chairs. No ice chests. (337) 948-6263.
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Front Street between Everett and Freret streets, Morgan City. Performance by Jamie Bergeron. Food and drinks will be available for sale. No ice chests. Free. (985) 384-9291.
- CITY WIDE RUMMAGE SALE: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Old Cotton Seed Mill, 311 Mill St., New Roads. (225) 638-5360, ext. 212.
- PHARR CHAPEL UMC FAMILY FUN 5K MISSION RUN: 9 a.m., Pharr Chapel UMC, 517 Federal Ave., Morgan City. (985) 384-7984.
- ‘ADA AND THE DOC’ BOOK SALE: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Argus Spa, 521 Main St., Franklin. Reprints of the book “Ada and the Doc: An Account of the Ada LeBoeuf-Thomas Dreher Murder Case” by Charles M. Hargroder available for $20. LeBoeuf was the first woman executed in Louisiana.
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES PLANTATION TOUR: 10:30 a.m., Rosedown Plantation, La. 10, St. Francisville. Site manager Patricia Aleshire will guide visitors on a tour of the attic of the main house and the production greenhouse. $10, adults; $8, seniors; $4, students ages 6-17; free, children ages 5 and younger. (888) 376-1867.
- ROBIN ROBERTS BOOK SIGNING: 1 p.m.-2 p.m., Student Union, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. The Southeastern alumna will sign her new novel, “Everybody’s Got Something.” (985) 549-5393.
- SCIENCE SATURDAY: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., LIGO Science Education Center, 19100 LIGO Lane, Livingston. Theme is Spiraling, Rotating and Spinning. (225) 686-3173.
- PORT HUDSON WAR YEARS, PERIOD NEWSPAPER AND PHOTOGRAPHIC PRESENTATION: 1:30 p.m., Young-Sanders Center, 701 Teche Drive, Franklin. Presentation by Michal Fraering. Free. (337) 413-1861.
- AUDITIONS FOR ‘JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT’: 2 p.m.-4 p.m., Essanee Theater, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. Parts are available for singers, dancers and actors between the ages of 10 and 18. Singers should be prepared to sing one minute’s worth of any song and may also be asked to perform a cold reading of some sections of the play. Performance dates will be July 17-27. (337) 519-0865 or email email@example.com.
- ARMED FORCES DAY CEREMONY: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. A celebration of the armed forces with a flag ceremony and patriotic music. Free. (337) 344-9397.
- POINTE COUPEE ANIMAL SHELTER BBQ CHICKEN DINNER FUNDRAISER: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Main Street Service Station, New Roads. $8 per plate. (225) 718-1114.
- LADIES LEAVING A LEGACY FOR THIBODAUX: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Envie Restaurant and Oyster Bar, 203 N. Canal Blvd., Thibodaux. The Thibodaux Service League celebrates 40 years of making a difference in the community. $30. ThibodauxServiceLeague.com.
- CONTRA & SQUARE DANCE: 2 p.m., NuNu’s, 1510 Bayou Courtableau Highway, Route 93 E., Arnaudville. 1:45 p.m., dance lesson and demo. Beginners welcome; all dances are called; no partner necessary. Gumbo, water and soft drinks for sale. $5.
- TEEN CRAFT & MOVIE NIGHT: 5:30 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch Livingston Parish Library, 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Tweens and teens ages 12-18 will create colorful and tangle-free headphones and snack on popcorn and other assorted goodies while watching a PG-rated movie about a courageous surfer. All supplies will be provided. Please call for the movie title or more information. Free. (225) 567-1441 or mylpl.info.
- ‘BAYOU BELLS’: 7 p.m., Friday, Saturday and Thursday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Teche Theatre for the Performing Arts, Main Street, Franklin. Performance by Techeland Arts Council (337) 907-6412.
- LOS LOBOS WITH RODDIE ROMERO AND THE HUB-CITY ALLSTARS: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. acadianacenterforthearts.org.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn