the Indian Mounds), Room 120. Beginners welcome, no partner needed. Contact James Burke at (225) 766-0517 for more information. Free.
- THE GALLERY AT MANSHIP THEATRE: 100 Lafayette St. manshiptheatre.org
- JONES WALKER FOYER: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours are 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, and 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Free. (225) 346-5001.
- THE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE LEGACY OF DAN KILEY: Through Dec. 12, 210 LSU Student Union. The exhibition features 45 vibrant photographs, documenting the current state of Dan Kiley’s most significant designs. email@example.com
- LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM: 100 River Road S. (225) 344-5272 or lasm.org
- LOUISIANA’S OLD STATE CAPITOL: 100 N. Blvd. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. (225) 342-0500.
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Check out the exhibitions “Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910,” running through March 20, 2016 and “Shaking Up Prohibition: The Cocktail Drawings of Olive Leonhardt,” through Oct. 31. lsumoa.org
- LSU SCHOOL OF ART’S ALFRED C. GLASSELL JR. GALLERY: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (225) 389-7180.
- MISS TRUDY’S TRAVELING TRUNK SHOW: 11 a.m., Louisiana Arts & Science Museum, Adalié Brent Auditorium, 100 S. River Road. An interactive program for young children that explores the art and science of the seasons.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. (225) 774-7701.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, PetSmart, 8660 Airline Hwy. Kittens, cats, puppies and dogs are available from the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. friendsoftheanimalsbr.org
- PLANETARIUM SHOWS: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. (225) 344-527.
- SUN LIGHT/STAR LIGHT — CONTEMPLATIONS ON THE SOLAR ORB: Louisiana Arts And Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. Multi-media exhibition, explore the scientific, aesthetic, and spiritual dimensions regarding the moon and sun. Through Jan. 3.
- WEST BATON ROUGE MUSEUM: 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen. westbatonrougemuseum.org
- WINE WALK: 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Restaurant IPO, 421 Third St. Taste wines and enjoy foods in downtown Baton Rouge. $10 for a wine bracelet and a wine card for the list of venues and the number of tastings. Must be 21 years old. restaurantipo.com
- YELP! BR PET ADOPTIONS: Noon-4 p.m. Sundays, and 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Petco Acadian Village, 3535 Perkins Road. Applications accepted for adoption approval. (225) 485-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Whitney Christy