- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., EBR Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road, Baker. The Morning Book Club will discuss “Kingfish: The Reign of Huey P. Long” by Dr. Richard D. White Jr.
- USING MAPS AND LAND RECORDS: 2:30-4 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Land records are important documents in genealogy research. Available farm land encouraged westward migration, rewarded military service, fulfilled requirements for voting or holding public office or simply helped to support the family. Learn to use records to find out when and where your ancestor lived, why he lived there and how he got there. Call (225) 231-3751 to register.
- WRITERS RENDEZVOUS: 6-7:30 p.m., EBR Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. All writers are invited to join the monthly “Writers Rendezvous,” an informal writers group where people can share ideas and get feedback on current projects.
How to Get Your Book Published: 6-7 p.m., EBR Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Local author Kelly Landry will explain multiple avenues writers can take to get published, including seeking representation through literary agents, submitting work directly to publishers and self-publishing options. Call (225) 763-2250 to register.
- STORY LAB WRITING WORKSHOP: 6-8 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. A creative writing workshop for teens. Call (225) 231-3770.
- AUTHOR SESSION: 1-3 p.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Local author Ashley Hudson will present four new books she has written.
- AUTHOR EVENT: 3-5 p.m., EBR Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. Author Nettye Johnson will present her book “Put Your Faith Where Your Fork Is,” outlining a science-based, faith-empowered approach to health and wellness. (225) 354-7550.
- BOOK SIGNING: 1-3 p.m., Southeastern Louisiana University Bookstore, SLU campus. Authors Eric W. Johnson and Catherine H. Tijerino will be signing copies of their new book “Hammond,” part of the “Images of America” series.