Monday, Aug. 10
- GENEALOGY SOFTWARE & ORGANIZATION: 10:30 a.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library, Technology Lab, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Find out about genealogy software that can help you become a more efficient researcher. You’ll learn how to add people to your family tree, add facts, cite sources and attach pictures or other digital documents. Registration is required. Call (225) 231-3751.
Tuesday, Aug. 11
- MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATION: 7 p.m., East Baton Rouge Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Mike Rubin, author of “The Cottoncrest Curse,” will share a multimedia presentation about the legal and historical background of his book, which won the American Library Association’s IndieFab Gold Award for best thriller and suspense novel of 2014.
Book club: 7 p.m., EBR Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. The Historical Society Book Club will be discussing “The Wright Brothers” by David McCullough.
Wednesday, Aug. 12
- BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., EBR Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. The Health and Nutrition Book Club will discuss nonfiction health and diet books.
Thursday, Aug. 13
- BOOK CLUB: 4:30 p.m., EBR Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. Cover 2 Cover Book Club meeting for ages 8-11. Youngsters are invited to bring their favorite book from summer and tell about it. Afterwards, bookworm pencil toppers will be made. Call (225) 262-2660 register.
Saturday, Aug. 15
- BOOK CLUB: 2 p.m., Iberville Library, 24605 J. Gerald Berret Blvd. Oak Tree Readers book club selection is “Hanna’s Daughters” by Marianne Fredricksson. Everyone who reads the book is invited.