- WORSHIP SERVICES: 11 a.m., New Covenant Christian Center, 6515 Myrtle St. For more information, contact(225) 775-3127.
Tuesday, Dec. 15
- CAPA MEETING (CENTRAL AREA PASTORS ASSOCIATION): 11:30 a.m., Cornerstone Fellowship Church, 9611 Blackwater Road. For more information, visit cityofcentralchamber.sampleorg.com/events
- COMMUNITY CLEANUP DAY: 7:30 a.m., Berean Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4555 Fairfields Ave. Will be cleaning areas in the 70802 and 70805 zip codes. Dress is casual. Berean’s regular “Early Morning Praise” services for those not participating in the clean-up will begin at 9 a.m. Church services for all others begins at 10 a.m. For more information, call (225) 907-4663 or email email@example.com.
christmas fellowship: 2 p.m., Star Hill Baptist Church, 1400 N. Foster Drive. Fourth District Ushers Ministry.
- CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PLAY: 6 p.m., St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 17510 Monitor Ave. Children celebrate Christmas island-style while learning about giving. Free. For more information, visit SAUMCBR.com.
- THE FOTO SISTERS CHRISTMAS CONCERT: 7 p.m., First Baptist Church Baton Rouge, 529 Convention St.
- BLACK LIVES MATTER: 9:45 a.m., Donaldson Chapel Baptist Church, 2501 Gracie St. Discussion for youth and adults during the Sunday School Hour with attorney Mike Nunnery as the facilitator.
- BLUE CHRISTMAS: 3 p.m., St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 17510 Monitor Ave. A service for those who find the holidays a difficult time. SAUMCBR.com.
- CHANUKAH CELEBRATION: 4:30-6 p.m., front steps and plaza of the State Capitol. Chabad of Baton Rouge will host the celebration on the first night of Chanukah. Hot latkes, chocolate gelt, soufganiyot (jelly doughnuts) will be served and there will be children’s activities along with the lighting of the city’s largest menorah on the Capitol steps. Free.
- NURSING HOME VISIT: 10 a.m., Heritage House Manor, 1335 Wooddale Blvd. Visit by the Greater Mount Gideon Church’s Mission Ministry with director, the Rev. Emma Woods. The Rev. Manley Motoyer will speak.
- BIBLE STUDY AND SNACK TIME: 6 p.m., The Jemison Baptist Student Center, 724 Harding Blvd. For more information, contact (225) 774-8924, (225) 615-4267 or tjjemisonbsc.com Wednesday
- A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION, “REJOICE IN CHRIST”: 7 p.m., The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, meeting house, 10335 Highland Road. Experience the reenactment of the Christmas Story, presented on four stages. Free family event, no tickets or reservations are required. Non-perishable food donations for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank are appreciated. brrejoiceinChrist.org.
The Living Nativity: 7 p.m., Florida Boulevard Baptist Church, 10915 Florida Blvd. Journey through multiple scenes depicting the life of Jesus Christ featuring a cast of characters, live sheep, and Bubbles the camel. This drive through event is family friendly. Free. www.fbbc.org.
Saturday, Dec. 12
- PRAYER BREAKFAST: 9 a.m. to noon, Unity Center (next to Second Baptist Church), 910 N. Acadian Thruway. The Louisiana Women in Ministry Prayer Breakfast with a theme of “Building Community: A Safe Place to Live, Work and Play.” LAWIM is committed to educating, equipping, engaging and empowering families for productive living in the Eden Park area through the Village Project. State Sen. Sharon Weston Broome will speak. For more information, contact Dr. Mary Moss at (225) 772-0307 or visit lawimbr.org.
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT, PAGEANT & TOY DRIVE: 7 p.m., Bethany South Church Warehouse, 10877 Reiger Road. Family-friendly event features international acts, including Soul Fruit, Trell, Cliff & Company, Shandrika Nichols, Angel Victoria, Jolisa Singletary, AV Mitchell of WXOK, Ashanti and Susan Witherspoon, and The Garment. Prizes and food. Children’s Pageant & Toy Drive are two big features of the event. More details & donation opportunities available at anitaworships.com/oholynight.
Sunday, Dec. 13
- YOUNG PEOPLE’S PRE-CHRISTMAS PROGRAM: 7 a.m., Little Rising Sun Baptist Church, 1275 S. 16th St. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- APPRECIATION, BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: 11 a.m., Greater Mount Gideon Baptist Church, 205 Alice St. An appreciation and birthday celebration program for Pastor Edward Howard. The Rev. Emma Woods will speak.
- CHRISTMAS CANTATA: 9:45 a.m., St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, 17510 Monitor Ave. “I Hear the Prophet Calling” featuring Chancel Choir and an orchestra. Childcare provided. For more information, contact (225)752-2903 or visit SAUMCBR.com.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER: 11 a.m., Promised Land Baptist Church, 7234 Plank Road.
- REMEMBERING OUR CHILDREN: 6 p.m., St. Alphonsus Liguori Catholic Church, 14040 Greenwell Springs Road. Candlelight service to celebrate the life, love and light of those children gone too soon. A reception will follow the service. Sunday School: 9:30 a.m. Promised Land Baptist Church, 7234 Plank Road.
Saturday, Dec. 19
- HOT MEAL AND CLOTHING: 11 a.m., Sweet Home Baptist Church, 343 W. Buchanan St. Sweet Home Baptist Church Helping Hand Ministry will be giving a hot meal and clothing to those in need. Contact (225) 343-0322.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. For more information, contact (225) 683-8119.
Sunday, Dec. 13
- PASTOR’S ANNIVERSARY: 4 p.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. For more information, contact (225) 683-8119.
- “WINTER WONDERLAND” FOOD FESTIVAL: 10 a.m. St. Joseph Catholic Church, 15710 La. 16. Free Activities for children: face painting, crafts, visit with Santa, hay ride, balloons. Santa pictures $5. St. Joseph Parish School of Religion 1st - 6th grade will present a collection of Christmas classics. Local celebrities will present a variety of Christmas music. Admission $7. For more information, visit livingstontourism.com/calendar-of-events/.
- CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC PRAYER MEETING: 7 p.m., St. Theresa Catholic Church, 1022 N Burnside Ave.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL: 7 p.m., St. Peter Baptist Church, 58116 Court St. Rehearsal for “The Sounds of Christmas” concert. All members are asked to attend; others are welcome to join.
Sunday, Dec. 13
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT: 4 p.m., St. Peter Baptist Church, 58116 Court St. The Iberville Parish Mass Choir presents its annual “The Sounds of Christmas Concert,” under music coordinator, the Rev. Van Smith Jr., with directors Alcide Simmons, Bobby Williams, Donald Richardson Jr. and Chris Howard. Special guests will be Jimmy Ramirez; Clarence Jones, founder of the Heritage Ensemble; saxophonist Carl Watkins and trumpeter John Gray.
- ROSARY FOR PEACE: 6 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. For more information, contact (985) 222-5922.
Saturday, Dec. 12
- TRANSFORMED BY GRACE WORKSHOP: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Graceworks Church, 16131 La. 44, Prairieville. Workshop for those dealing with addictions and family members. Come learn how to identify whether a person is ready to change or not and find out how to be an agent of change instead of a hindrance to change. Conducted by Martin Britt, of Mississippi. Lunch provided. Free.
- URSING HOME VISIT: 10 a.m., St. Francisville Country Manor Nursing Home, 15243 La. 10. Visit by Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church with the director, the Rev. Emma Woods. Sister Hannah McQuirter will speak.
Sunday, Dec. 6
- MIRACLE & DELIVERANCE SERVICE: 9 a.m., New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 E.
- WORSHIP SERVICE: 10 a.m. New Fellowship Baptist Church, 4756 La. 412 E.
- PASTOR’S ANNIVERSARY: 2 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 1405 La. 409. The church will be celebrating Dr. James M. Turner’s ninth anniversary. The Rev. Roy Miller and the congregation of Asphodel Baptist Church will be guests.