No. 18 Cookie
Makes 1 dozen large cookies. Recipe is by Amy Whitley.
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Whisk both flours, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, molasses and vanilla, scraping sides of the bowl.
4. Stir in dry mixture on low speed until just incorporated. Add in chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or overnight. This step is very important and should not be skipped. Results will not be the same.
5. Use a large cookie scoop (#16 or #20 — 2 or 2.5 ounces) and place dough 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. (Dough may be scooped and frozen; pull from freezer and bake whenever just a few cookies are needed.)
6. Bake until lightly brown-golden, approximately 10 minutes. Let cookies cool almost completely on cookie sheet before transferring to wire cooling rack.