Makes 26-32 cheese nuggets. Recipe is from Tastefully Yours cookbook, submitted by Shirley Love. Have the butter and cheese at room temperature for easy mixing.
8 ounces stuffed green olives or pitted black olives (I used the medium size)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
¾ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne, optional
Celery seed, poppy seeds or Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, if desired.
2. Drain olives then dry on paper towel; set aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, combine room temperature cheese, butter, flour and pinch of cayenne. Stir to thoroughly combine then lightly knead to form a smooth dough.
4. Pinch off a marble-size piece of dough or enough to completely cover each olive. Place on parchment-lined or ungreased cookie sheet.
5. If desired, sprinkle top of each nugget with celery seed, poppy seeds or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.