Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Yields 12 muffins. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
1 cup white sugar
½ cup coconut oil or shortening
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
2. In large bowl, cream eggs, sugar and shortening with a mixer.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. On low speed, stir in flour, salt and baking soda until just incorporated.
5. In a separate bowl, on low speed, combine sour cream and cream cheese, being careful not to over mix.
6. Continue on low speed, adding cream mixture to batter a large tablespoon at a time.
7. Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries with a spatula.
8. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.