Makes 4 servings. Recipe is by Brenton Day.
12 ears corn
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
4 tablespoons oil (olive, canola or vegetable oil)
1. Remove kernels from corn cobs.
2. Whisk together the flour and spices.
3. Toss the corn in with the dry ingredients until coated.
4. Coat bottom of cast iron skillet in oil and heat over medium-high heat.
5. Add seasoned corn and cook stirring constantly until browned. Drain if necessary.
6. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.