Pecan Catfish with Meuniere Sauce
Recipe is from Gallagher’s Grill, Covington, http://www.gallaghersgrill.com/
1 catfish filet (5-7 ounces)
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ½ cups unsalted butter, cubed
½ cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup water
4 tablespoons cornstarch
¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Season fish filet with creole seasoning, then bake in oven with a dash of lemon juice and about 1 tablespoon of the butter for 15 minutes until cooked throughout.
3. Spread pecans on cookie sheet and season with salt. Cook pecans for 5 minutes.
4. Mix ½ cup of water with cornstarch to make a slurry which will be uses to thicken the sauce.
5. Put Worchestershire sauce and rest of lemon juice in skillet on medium heat. Slowly start to add rest of butter, and whisk. When butter is dissolved, add heavy cream, then a very small amount of the cornstarch slurry to stabilize.
6. To finish the dish, transfer your filet to the plate. Ladle sauce over the top, and sprinkle with pecans. Enjoy.