Cheesy Squash Sticks
Serves 4-6. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
6 yellow squash
2 tablespoons olive oil or enough to very lightly coat squash
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon marjoram or oregano, fennel or chervil
¼ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Rinse squash, dry, remove the stem and flower tips, then cut into slender sticks. Place in large bowl.
2. In small bowl, combine olive oil salt, black pepper, dried basil, marjoram (or any herbs you like). Whisk until blended.
3. Drizzle over squash and stir to coat evenly.
4. Place in shallow, rimmed baking pan in a single layer.
5. Oven rack should be in middle of the oven. Bake in preheated 425 F oven for 6-8 minutes. Time will vary according to the size of the squash sticks.
6. Using a large spatula, flip the squash sticks over. Sprinkle cheese over the tops and turn the oven to broil. Heat until cheese is lightly browned on top.
Serve as a snack or side dish.