Roasted Butternut Squash and Squid Ink Pasta
Makes 8 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons dried thyme
12 ounces squid ink pasta
½ cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a rimmed baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Spread the squash and bell pepper on the pan, drizzle with remaining tablespoon olive oil.
3. Season squash and bell pepper then toss to coat. Roast uncovered 20 minutes.
4. Add pasta to a stock pot of boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes, drain.
5. Melt butter with garlic in the pot. Return pasta to pot, gently stir in squash and bell pepper until coated with butter.
6. Serve warm. Garnish with roasted chicken feet, if desired.