Glazed Pork Spareribs
Serves 4. Recipe is from a Louisiana Department of Agriculture & Forestry booklet.
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup Steen’s cane vinegar
2 tablespoons Domino brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon celery seeds
½ teaspoon chili powder
Dash of black pepper
2-3 drops of your favorite Louisiana hot pepper sauce
2 pounds pork spareribs
Salt and black pepper to taste
Lemon slices, garnish
Fresh parsley sprigs, garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. For sauce: In small pot, combine, ketchup, cane vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, chili powder, dash of black pepper and hot sauce. Heat to boiling, stir and remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cut ribs into serving size pieces. I cut them into 2-rib segments.
4. Place ribs, meaty side down, in a large shallow baking pan.
5. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 1 hour.
6. Baste ribs with sauce, turn over and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Baste with sauce, turn again and bake 15 more minutes.
8. Arrange lemon slices over ribs for last 30 minutes of baking. Garnish with parsley, if desired.