Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings Soup
Serves 2. Recipe is by Katherine Gividen.
12?3 cups wide egg noodles
1 tablespoon Wyler’s chicken flavored bouillon granules
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup Original Bisquick mix
1 tablespoon Nestle dry whole milk
3 ounces (foil pouch) Sweet Sue chicken breast
1. Write on a pint zip-top bag, “Add three cups of boiling water.” Place pasta, chicken bouillon granules, pepper and salt in the bag.
2. On another pint zip-top bag write, “Add ¼ cup water.”
3. Place Bisquick and dry milk in bag.
4. Place bag of noodles, bag of Bisquick and foil of chicken in a quart zip-top bag.
On the trail:
1. Place bag of noodles in large pan with water. Bring to boil. Add chicken (not necessary to drain).
2. In the meantime, add water to Bisquick package and knead until ingredients form dough. Snip off bottom corner of bag. Squeeze dough into soup, pinching off at intervals to form dumplings. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Turn dumplings over in broth to cook other side. Return cover and cook for 10 more minutes.