There's been a lot of change in the downtown Baton Rouge bar and restaurant scene over the past few years.
At least 15 business have closed in that time. Seven of those spots have remained empty. Owners of a few of those spaces say a new tenant is in the works.
In an in-depth look at the downtown Baton Rouge dining scene by The Advocate, some local business owners and officials say it's just the ebb and flow of businesses opening, closing and being replaced, while some cite other factors.
Here's a look at what has recently shut down in the past few years.
Closed businesses with empty locations:
- Zolia Bistro
- Hound Dogs
- Lava Cantina (briefly Voodoo Lounge, which also closed)
- Somos Bandidos
- Another Broken Egg
- Huey's Bar
Closed businesses that have been replaced:
- Mud & Water (now Brickyard South)
- Punchers (now Bengal Tap Room)
- Red Star (now The River Room)
- CC's Coffee House (now The Big Squeezy)
- Roux House (now Register Bar)
- The Office Bar (now Cecelia Creole Bistro)
- Driftwood Cask & Barrel (expected to be Squeaky Pete's)
- Magpie Cafe (unnamed new concept has been announced)
See map below of closed or replaced locations in downtown Baton Rouge.
Can't see map below? Click here.