Nine members of LSU's Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity are facing criminal accusations of hazing and other related offenses after its national organization — one of the oldest fraternities in the nation — announced the sudden closure of its LSU chapter last month.
Seven of the members were booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison Thursday. Two more are expected to surrender in the coming days.
These fraternity members were seen leaving the prison:
- Cade Rain Duckworth, 23, Lafayette: one count each of second-degree battery, attempted second-degree battery and false imprisonment — all felonies, and three counts of misdemeanor criminal hazing.
- Malcolm Richard McNiece, 23, Baton Rouge: one count of felony second-degree battery and four counts of misdemeanor criminal hazing.
- Charles Eugene Brakenridge, 23, Ferriday: one count each of principal to criminal hazing and criminal hazing, representative duty to report — both misdemeanors.
- Alexander Joseph Rozas, 23, Jennings: one count each of principal to criminal hazing and criminal hazing, representative duty to report — both misdemeanors.
- Joseph Dylan Harkrider, 19, Zachary: one count of misdemeanor criminal hazing.
- Gaston Thomas Eymard, 23, Kenner: one count each of felony second-degree battery and misdemeanor criminal hazing.
- Shakti P. Gilotra, 22, hometown not provided: one count each of felony second-degree battery and misdemeanor criminal hazing.
- Blake Andrew Chalin, 20, Gretna: three counts of misdemeanor criminal hazing.
Read complete coverage of the allegations here.
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 427.JPG
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 550.JPG
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 530.JPG
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 445.JPG
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 496.JPG
Video: DKE members leave jail
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 696.jpg
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 680.jpg
BR.fratarrestprint.021519 HS 683.jpg
Malcom McNiece leaves EBR Prison