LSU placed multiple administrators connected to Greek life on leave Friday, a month after the university quietly parted ways with another top-level administrator amid hazing allegations at LSU’s chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon that have now led to arrests.

Kurt Keppler, who had been a top LSU administrator since 2010, left his job as vice president for student affairs around a month ago, in the same week that LSU announced that its Delta Kappa Epsilon chapter was closing because of allegations of hazing. On Friday, after The Advocate repeatedly requested interviews with Greek Life Director Angela Guillory, LSU President F. King Alexander released a statement saying administrators had been placed on leave over the DKE incident.

Alexander’s statement did not name the administrators. But several sources connected to Greek life — including a current fraternity member and multiple alumni who have been briefed on the incident — told The Advocate late Friday that Guillory had been placed on leave, along with Dean of Students Mari Fuentes-Martin and Assistant Greek Life Director Donald Abels. The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information, said the university was exploring allegations that Guillory, Fuentes-Martin and Abels may have been told about problems at DKE and failed to investigate.

Alexander’s statement seemed to back that up.

“Today, we received an allegation regarding the reaction of some administrators after hearing a rumor regarding the DKE chapter, and they have been placed on leave while we investigate this situation,” the statement said.

Guillory, Fuentes-Martin and Abels did not immediately respond to messages late Friday. Emails sent to Guillory and Abels' LSU accounts immediately bounced back with messages that said they were "unavailable to respond to emails."

Student Greek leaders told The Advocate they had reached out to administrators several times in the past with suspicions about DKE.

Former Interfraternity Council President council president Christopher Dupré said the Greek community was "absolutely disgusted" by the detailed allegations against DKE — but not entirely surprised.

"The IFC community knew that there weren't a bunch of altar boys over there, and that things just weren't right at DKE," he said. "This is a very isolated group that kind of just did things on their own."

Guillory reported to Fuentes-Martin, while Fuentes-Martin reported to Keppler, according to an LSU student affairs organizational chart. Fuentes-Martin had taken over Keppler's role on an interim basis after he left last month, according to her LinkedIn page.

LSU's media relations office did not answer questions Friday about why Keppler was no longer in role of vice president of student affairs.

"While this is a personnel matter and we cannot comment on specifics, it is not uncommon to see administrative changes at a university, especially when new leadership comes in such as a new president or provost," said LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard when asked about Keppler.

LSU does indeed have a new provost. The university late last year appointed Stacia Haynie as provost and executive vice president. Haynie had held the job on an interim basis and was previously the university's dean of the college of humanities and social sciences.

Keppler did not immediately respond to messages from The Advocate on Friday. He last tweeted from his LSU account — where he frequently posted about student activities happening at the university — on Jan. 15.

That same day, people who work in offices that Keppler oversaw — including the Office of Greek Life, the LSU Recreation Center, the Olinde Career Center and multiple other departments — received notices Jan. 15 informing them that Keppler was no longer in his position.

Also that week, LSU and the DKE national chapter both announced that they were shutting down DKE's LSU presence after an investigation found students had violated its hazing and alcohol policies.

Nine LSU students who were part of the DKE fraternity have been arrested in the past two days.

Warrants supporting the arrests allege that fraternity members beat pledges with metal pipes, doused them in gasoline, forced them to walk on glass, urinated on them and more.

The allegations come less than two years after Max Gruver, an LSU Phi Delta Theta fraternity pledge, died after a night of heavy drinking at his fraternity house. At the time, LSU administrators announced that they would crack down on the culture of hazing implicated in Gruver's death.

Follow Andrea Gallo on Twitter, @aegallo.​