Baton Rouge debris collectors expect to visit every flooded street by the end of next weekend.

That doesn't necessarily mean everyone's first round of refuse collections will have been done within the next nine days, though.

Crews have only collected debris left near the street, but starting Monday, residents may present a form allowing teams onto their property, contractors said during Friday's daily update. The right of entry paperwork is available at the various disaster centers throughout the parish and online at brgov.com/roe. Monitors, who keep track of the process so the parish can be reimbursed by the federal government, will also carry the forms.

The forms allow contractors to collect debris 30 feet from the street or sidewalk, though some allowances may be made for people with homes set farther back from the road, as long as residents make an effort to put their debris in front of the house. Crews may use small equipment, like Bobcats, to clear detritus, said Mark Stafford, vice president of DRC, the parish's debris monitoring firm.

Special trucks will have to collect large appliances, electronics and hazardous waste such as cleaning fluids and paint, said Kristy Fuentes, another DRC vice president.

As of Friday, 800,000 cubic yards had been collected, with 60,000 collected the day prior, said Eric Harrison, a manager at Thompson Consulting.

That is still less than half of the likely total amount. On Friday, the estimated total debris from the flooding stood between 1.5 and 2.5 million cubic yards, said Carey Chauvin, the city-parish's interim assistant chief administrative officer.

That number is substantially higher than the 300,000 cubic yards officials initially estimated.

Contractors expect to make three sweeps of each residential property, though the exact length of the process is still unclear, because some residents had not put their debris to the road by the time their neighborhood was first visited. Once the first round is complete, the second sweep should take about another month, then another half-month or so for the final spot check, contractors said.

Residents may view an interactive map of the areas that have already been visited at gis.brla.gov. The map shows only the city and the unincorporated areas of the parish because Central, Baker and Zachary each have their own separate debris removal contracts and procedures.

The parish has opened a second debris staging area at 15400 Old Perkins Road West. Like the existing site at Sherwood Forest Boulevard and Choctaw Drive, it will serve as a location where debris can be compacted before final disposal at the Ronaldson Field Landfill.

Over the weekend, crews will work neighborhoods throughout the parish and along several major roads including South Harrell's Ferry Road and Millerville Road.

Follow Steve Hardy on Twitter, @SteveRHardy.