BRFD Baton Rouge fire department

The Advocate file photo

One person escaped without injury Saturday night when an electrical fire broke out in a home on Delphine Street.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 4:31 p.m. in the 200 block of Delphine Street, arriving to find heavy smoke coming from inside the house. 

One person was present, but no one was injured, fire officials said.

The house sustained heavy fire and smoke damage. No working smoke detectors were found.