A Baton Rouge man whose testimony last month helped convict accused hit man Michael “Marlo Mike” Louding in an alleged murder-for-hire was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in prison.

Adrian Pittman, 39, pleaded guilty in November to a manslaughter charge in the Oct. 21, 2009, slaying of Terry Boyd. Pittman admitted driving Louding and another man, Michael “Ghost” Judson, to and from the murder scene. Judson was later murdered in 2010.

East Baton Rouge Parish prosecutors contend Baton Rouge rapper Torence “Lil Boosie” Hatch paid Louding to kill Boyd.

Hatch, 30, was acquitted in May 2012 of a first-degree murder charge in Boyd’s death but remains imprisoned on drug charges.

He pleaded guilty to the drug charges in late 2011.

Louding, 20, was found guilty April 26 of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Boyd, 35. He was shot through a window while sitting on a sofa in a home on Vermillion Drive.

Louding faces a maximum possible sentence of life in prison. He is ineligible for the death penalty because he was only 17 at the time of Boyd’s death.

Manslaughter carries up to 40 years in prison, but prosecutors offered Pittman a 20-year sentence if he testified truthfully at Louding’s trial. If he testified untruthfully or refused to testify, he would receive 40 years. Pittman did not testify at Hatch’s trial.

Pittman testified at Louding’s trial that he drove Louding and Judson from Hatch’s home to the Vermillion Drive area the night of the Boyd slaying, then back to Hatch’s house. Pittman told the jury the Boyd killing was prompted by letters from a Louisiana State Penitentiary inmate, convicted killer Lee Lucas, warning Hatch that Boyd planned to do Hatch harm. Boyd had recently been released from prison.

State District Judge Don Johnson imposed the 20-year term on Pittman.

Louding also is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of local up-and-coming rapper Chris “Nussie” Jackson on Feb. 9, 2009; Marcus “Gangsta” Thomas on April 25, 2009; and Charles “Nokie” Matthews and Darryl “Bleek” Milton on April 1, 2010.

He also faces a second-degree murder charge in the killing of Michael Smith on Dec. 18, 2009