A Baton Rouge man accused in the May slaying of a woman with whom he had an on-and-off relationship sent several threatening text messages to her in the hours before her death, and his phone was near her home during the time detectives believe she was killed, new court documents allege.

Baton Rouge police homicide detectives also allege in the documents that Curtis E. King made phone contact with Taylor Latham an average of 18 times a day from April 15 to May 1, but in the 48 hours following her death, he did not contact her a single time.

“The victim’s body was not discovered until approximately 68 hours after her death, and only the individual responsible would have known she was deceased,” Detective Steven Z. Woodring wrote in a June 11 arrest warrant application filed into the 19th Judicial District Court record last month and included in a supplemental inventory of discovery filed Monday by East Baton Rouge Parish prosecutors.

King’s attorney, Erin Mullen, declined comment Wednesday. King appeared in court Wednesday for a routine status conference. He does not have a trial date.

Latham, 24, was found dead May 4 in the passenger seat of a car outside her home in the 1200 block of Louisiana Avenue. She had been shot once in the head.

But the new court records reveal detectives believe Latham actually was killed two days earlier, May 2, between 12:55 a.m., when Verizon Wireless phone records show her phone was still active and received a call, and 1:20 a.m., when the phone was either turned off or destroyed.

King’s arrest warrant indicates he lived in a South Harrell’s Ferry Road apartment, some 13 miles from Latham’s home.

AT&T phone records show King’s phone was located near his apartment at 12:09 a.m. on May 2, then near Latham’s home at 12:57 a.m., and finally back near his apartment at 2:23 a.m., according to the arrest warrant.

King, 25, also is charged in the May kidnapping of Taylor Latham’s then-2-year-old daughter, who was dropped off May 5 at a Scenic Highway women’s help center by another woman, King’s live-in girlfriend at the time.

Two months before King’s September indictment on second-degree murder, aggravated kidnapping and drug charges in the Latham case, the East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney’s Office decided not to prosecute that woman, Daaria Thomas.

King is accused of taking Latham’s daughter, A’Kyleana Latham, to his apartment after her mother was killed and kept her for three days.

King’s arrest warrant says he and Thomas admitted to having Latham’s child and dropping her off at the women’s center to avoid law enforcement.

Thomas gave King’s phone number to detectives, who said several threatening text messages were sent to Latham’s phone from that number in the hours prior to her death, the warrant indicates. Some of the texts stated, “Itll be ok tho if u still there when i get there u better be long gone i promise” and “... just dont let me catch u.”

The warrant also notes that detectives located a witness who had seen King beat Latham on a past occasion.

King, who remains in East Baton Rouge Parish Prison, was out on bail at the time of Latham’s killing after being charged in March 2014 with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile and possession with intent to distribute marijuana following the death of his 6-month-old son, Aiden King, in October 2013.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office concluded the infant’s primary cause of death was an inability to breathe in an oversized bed, but there was not enough evidence to determine whether the death was a homicide or an accident.

A grand jury declined to indict King on a second-degree murder count in the death of his son, who throughout his short life also suffered multiple rib fractures and significant burns after being placed in scalding bath water.