HOUSTON, TX - JULY 5: East Baton Rouge Deputy Nick Tullier is assisted by his fiance, Danielle McNicoll, right, and physical therapist Kelly Betts at TIRR Memorial Hermann on July 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey For The Advocate)

Doctors said they were pleased with results of a surgical procedure for injured East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Deputy Nick Tullier, but he was having a difficult time in the aftermath, according to his father.

Tullier suffered a seizure after the surgery on Wednesday and was dealing with a high fever and heart rate, as well as severe pain, said his father, James. 

"Everything had quieted down by about 10 or 11 p.m. Figure the next 3 days will be painful for Nick," James Tullier said Wednesday evening. "Trying to make sure med staff stay ahead of the pain with meds." 

The surgery involved opening Tullier's intestinal cavity, where there was a large blockage seen during a procedure several weeks ago. The surgery also revealed two fistulas in the intestines as well as an area of infection. 

"The surgeon told us he was pleased with the results," wrote James Tullier in his daily update on Nick's condition Thursday morning. 

The latest surgery comes just short of a year after Nick Tullier was wounded in an ambush attack on law enforcement officers in Baton Rouge. Fellow deputy Brad Garafola, as well as Baton Rouge Police officers Montrell Jackson and Matthew Gerald were killed in the attack. 

Tullier was initially treated at Our Lady of the Lake hospital in Baton Rouge, but was transfered to Houston's TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital in November. 

Last week, Tullier was identified in the plaintiff in a lawsuit against the Black Lives Matter movement for its role in the attack. DeRay McKesson and other leaders were named in the lawsuit, saying the group "incited violence against police" and claim the activists' criticism of law enforcement led directly to the July 17, 2016 attack that left three Baton Rouge law enforcement officers dead.